2.2

a/n : happy Friday :)

please comment, react, and vote!

✰✰✰

SPENCER'S IN THE LAB AT 8:45 THE NEXT MORNING.

Bruce and Tony were already there, and Spencer stumbled upon Peter making his way in the hallway. She waved to him and the two of them fell into step. Immediately, Spencer knew something was off.

"What's wrong?" she asked, tilting her head down at the boy. Peter was only a couple inches shorter than her - maybe only one - but Spencer somehow felt so much taller than him.

Peter snapped his eyes from his phone to Spencer. "Oh, nothing..." he excused lamely, but the pitch of his voice betrayed him. Spencer just kept looking at him, and eventually, he broke. "It's MJ," he told her. "She's... I dunno, I think she's mad?"

"Mad?" Spencer echoed, peering down at the boy. He seemed really upset by it, and an upset Peter was probably not going to administer her testing correctly. "Here, give it to me," she said, reaching for his phone, and Peter complied.

Spencer skimmed the messages. Then looked at Peter. Then back down at the messages.

She handed his phone back to him.

"So?" Peter prompted.

"She's upset with you," Spencer confirmed adjusting her bag on her shoulder. Peter rushed ahead, walking backwards so he could maintain eye contact with Spence.r

"Why?" he demanded. "W-why is she upset with me?"

Spencer stopped walking. Peter stumbled a bit but stopped too.

After a moment, Spencer pointed to the phone in his hand. "She's trying to flirt with you," she told him. "And you managed to miss every single line."

Peter's eyes widened. "What?" he demanded.

"Oh, there the two of you are," Tony interrupted, stepping outside of the lab they had stopped in front of. He frowned at the two of them standing there. "I don't pay you to mess around, Peter."

Peter furrowed his eyebrows. "You actually don't pay me at all, Mr.Stark."

"Demotion," Tony warned, and Peter clearly had no idea what he meant, but looked nervous, anyway.

"Hey, Dad," Spencer greeted, noticing that his stuff was in his bag in his hand. Why isn't he unpacked? Spencer knew she said she trusted Peter, and she does - but that doesn't mean Bruce is going to let him do the testing all alone, right? Spencer trusted the kid, but he's also like 15. "Are you going somewhere?"