chapter sixty-three

CHAPTER TENMOVE-IN

CHAPTER TEN
MOVE-IN

COMING UP WITH THAT IDEA ON THE SPOT WAS NOT AS EASY AS I HAD ASSUMED.

HYEJI & EUNHA FOCUS

"Tonight?"

Hyeji and Eunha stared up at Jeno with wide eyes, neither of them thinking that the boys would want to be leaving so soon.

"I know but we need to get out as soon as possible. Renjun got the code last night and Jaemin apparently had another vision of the nurses sending another email to their higher up. They're onto us and we can't waste any more time."

Hyeji's eyebrows furrowed, "he's right, we should leave as soon as possible. But what if we start malfunctioning too? We don't even know what exactly I am yet and aren't you questioning your powers?" She pointed at Jeno, an eyebrow raised.

Eunha looked at Jeno with surprise, "you're questioning your powers? Why?"

Jeno sighed, not expecting to have to explain himself in the sudden interrogation. "The other day I was practicing in my room before bed. I moved a water bottle last night but when I finally touched it, the bottle turned gray and got super heavy."

"Like... a weight?"

"Kinda, I guess. I tried opening it but it wouldn't even budge, even with Donghyuck trying to open it with his now enhanced strength."

"Donghyuck has enhanced strength now?"

"Yep. We found out two nights ago when he lifted my bed up with me inside of it. But anyways, it was like the bottle suddenly became indestructible all of a sudden."

Eunha nodded, "we can figure it out somehow later on. I guess we should just keep moving on and get ready to leave like Renjun says."

"Renjun is gonna need to talk to the two of you and Donghyuck later in the media room. He's already spoke with me and Jaemin. I have to head to class now so make sure you're ready after he finishes class."

The two girls waved goodbye to their friend, watching him run off to class just a bit after Jaemin who was holding both his and Jeno's things.

"I think I have an idea on how we can get some early packing in," Hyeji smiled, speaking lowly and turning her head to look at Eunha.

"Would it be okay if I moved into Eunha's room, Nurse Kim? It's just a bit hard staying in there without Minsoo's presence and Eunha has spoken about how lonely it's been without Minju

"Would it be okay if I moved into Eunha's room, Nurse Kim? It's just a bit hard staying in there without Minsoo's presence and Eunha has spoken about how lonely it's been without Minju."

Nurse Kim vigorously nodded her head, the same sweet smile finding its way to her lips. "Of course. You two can go ahead and move your things over now before either of you have to attend class."

Hyeji and Eunha bowed respectively, thanking the nurse before running to Hyeji's room.

"Glad you thought of something because I am fresh out of any ideas." Eunha joked, closing the bedroom door after Hyeji.

Hyeji sighed longingly, "yeah, I'd understand why. Coming up with that idea on the spot wasn't as easy as I had assumed."

Eunha smiled, walking over to her bed. She leaned against the mattress, slowly letting herself down onto the ground.

Reaching under the bed, she pulled out her backpack. The one she had used to pack everything needed for her new home just before the bus accident.

In the end, she was transferred to a new home. But she wasn't so sure which one was worse.

At least at the other foster home, she'd have the ability to leave once she reached the internationally legal age of eighteen. But here at Neo House, six of the others were already eighteen and weren't allowed to leave.

The two grew more quietly as they quickly backed their backpacks with essentials. A few pieces of light clothing, their toothbrushes and a bottle of toothpaste, Hyeji's first aid kit, Eunha's hairbrush, and a small flashlight Eunha had forgotten to give back to the nurses. They'd never asked about it so she just kept it.

It would come in handy here.

"Jesus," Hyeji let out a breath of air, standing up and leaning again her knees.

Eunha looked over at her friend. "Tired already?" She joked. Hyeji nodded, her hair draped over her face. "Have you always had that birthmark?"

"This one?" Hyeji asked, standing up and trying to point at the space between her shoulder blades. Eunha nodded. "Oh, yeah. You can't really see it unless I wear my hair up."

"It's cool, looks like a paw-print." Eunha smiled.

→ ♕

gonna start posting 2 to 4 times a day, meaning that this book will be completed in probably around a week or so 💔