HIM

"Let us live our lives separately."

It had once entered Su Jin's mind that the emperor's quick rule to the throne might be because he had knowledge of the past.

Their past.

It did occur to her that he might have also turned back in time.

But it didn't matter. If he didn't then good, but if he did. . . .he made a choice in this life.

Su Jin felt a slight pang of disappointment thinking so.

A lifetime of marriage and companionship. It actually also ends when life ends.

Su Jin quickly recovered. She did not want to blame him.

They were given a chance to live again. To choose the same path you have already taken seems stupid.

...

Su Jin went to the bustling market with her cousins.

After shopping for a long time, they sat and ate leisurely at the restaurant famous for its beautiful scenery. It was a garden filled with small pavilions in a circular formation. At the center was a stage, used by the dancers and musicians.

"Truly beautiful!" Her cousins exclaimed in awe.

It wasn't only beautiful but also convenient. Every group of customers get to have one pavilion for themselves and they can choose its size depending on how many there are in the group.

They ate, chat, and drank their tea as they listened to the beautiful music played.

Su Jin dazedly watched the musicians playing while drinking her tea. Suddenly, she caught sight of a man's silhouette at the distant pavilion in front of her. But he was too far to see clearly.

She felt the man to be familiar.

The merrymaking of her cousins and other guests distracted Su Jin from thinking more on this matter.

...

They, Su Jin and company, took their time there. It was only when the sun set that they decided to go home.

Su Jin still couldn't figure out who the man was so she tossed it at the back of her head.

Until she saw him walking towards her.

She looked at him in a daze.

Surprisingly, she was neither panicked or happy.

Ryu An arrived in front of her. A gentle smile plastered on his face.

"My empress, I've come to take you." His smile stretched widely. He finally felt almost complete having her at arms length.

'Now, I only have to wrap her in my arms and I would truly be complete.'

Su Jin smiled a smile not reaching her eyes. "Take me? I'm not in any kind of danger though?"

Her indifferent gaze spoke millions of words. Looking at him as if he's a stranger. He now doubted the notion of her going back in time too, but. . . .she changed. Everyone and every event of the past was the same. . .

Except her.

That in itself is enough proof.

Ryu An felt himself being doused with a bucket of cold water.

He looked at her for a long time. Not knowing what to say. She was in front of him.

So close.

She was as beautiful as the first time he saw her.