Whiskey and Whispers

Possible TWs: Alchohol, Swearing

-

Despite the day before being rather enjoyable, the group still felt a bit of tension after understanding what was going on now with Karl and Sapnap. Quackity was up earlier than usual that morning, heading out the store to pick up a surprise. He hurriedly went downstairs, waving to Karl who sat at the counter eating his breakfast.

"Where are you going?" Karl asked him sleepily, noticing that he was wearing shoes and a coat, reaching for his keys. He swiped them off the counter and raised his eyebrows at the tired boy.

"You'll see," and he turned and left. Karl wanted to stop him and ask him more questions, but he held off, still slightly embarrassed about yesterday. He knew that none of them thought it was a big deal, but that made it seem like that much more important. The bruises had started to fade by that point anyway, only the dark ones showed now. Softly rubbing his thumb across them lost in thought, he felt a heavy hand rest on his hip, lightly tucking under the hem of his white hoodie and brushing against his skin. 

"Well hey there, pretty boy~" Nick's sleepy voice growled in his ear, causing shivers to fly up Karls back. He blushed softly but was conflicted about returning the flirty attitude. 

"Morning," He said flatly, ignoring the taller boy's obvious tone and taking another bite of cereal. Nick dropped his hand flatly, understanding. He sighed slightly and walked around the counter making himself a hot cup of coffee, while Karl watched him from over the edge of his bowl. 

"Y'know, I thought yesterday was when you finally decided," Nick said, shattering the awkward silence, turning around again.

"What happened," he said flatly, hardly asking, not wanting to know the answer.

"Nick, look. I-" Karl started to defend himself but was cut off sharply.

"No, I'm sorry. I need to be patient I know," He reminded himself as he turned back his drink that had finally poured, hot black liquid filling the mug and lifting steam to his face. Karl watched shyly from across the kitchen counter as he stirred it slowly, not wanting to turn around. The smaller boy wanted to defend himself, wanted to make an excuse for how he was acting but he didn't want to start another argument. So he just let Nick walk with his hot cup around behind his back to the couches where Jimmy was sitting, watching youtube with his headphones in. He could hear them chatting lightly but just ate his food in peace.

It was later in the day than Karl would have liked, his microwave clock flashing 11:42 AM in green lights, but not surprisingly George and Dream were not to be seen, still locked in the office. He wasn't worried, but he just laughed quietly to himself about the couple as the front door jiggled loudly. Karl stood up quickly to see Quackity kick the door open triumphantly, his short arms supporting several grocery bags. Karl stared at him shocked, startled when he heard bottles rustling loudly in the bags.

"Guess what we're gonna do today!" He shouted, making sure the whole house could hear him as he started to set the bags down on the counter with Karls's help. He smiled widely and lifted a few large bottles of vodka and whiskey out of the plastic bags.

"DRUNK STREAM!" He shouted again, hyping himself up as Karl looked at him with a pained smile, hearing Nick and Jimmy laugh wildly over on the couches. They made their way over to the counters to help unload. 

"Holy shit dude, how much did you get?" Nick asked laughing as he pulled out more bottles. 

"Too much," He responded with a devilish grin as he put a few large bottles of soda in the fridge as chasers and mix-ins. They laughed together and heard the office door open as Dream and George finally left the room.