five

scary movie

scary movie.
chapter five

THE DAY OF RECKONING HAD BEGAN

THE DAY OF RECKONING HAD BEGAN. Cherry noticed shadows that crowded in the corner of her sight, almost like the grim reaper of death followed after her. The girl pulled her shell of a body to the vanity, her limp weight magnetic to the chair.

Cherry stared into her own bloodshot eyes that reflected in the mirror, the way the piece of home furniture perfectly mirrored the pain behind her irises. Her face felt as though it wasn't her own, the reflection of a girl who didn't belong to her. Her gaze never moved from her face, yet her fingertips grazed over the makeup tray, her hands barely grasped the bottle. To the best of her abilities, she attempted to pour the smooth liquid over her hands. Brushes were tossed out of the situation, instead her hands slipped down her cheeks and smudged the beauty product across her face.

It was like an out of body experience— A form of Dissociation. The mental process that disconnected a person from ones memories, personality, feelings and perceptions. The off switch to a persons sense of self. As Cherry wiped the foundation across her pale skin, she felt disconnected from the world— and found herself wondering just how long she had felt that way.

Again, that dreaded noise plagued her household— The ring of a telephone pulled Cherry away from her thoughts. The girl was reluctant to pick up the phone, unsure who would be waiting at the other end of the line. The phone went dead— Until it rang again.

"What!" Cherry barked down the line as she ripped it from the materials it resided in.

"Don't ignore me." The killer announced in the same tone of voice. Somehow, the teenager didn't react to the mans ominous voice, her brain was still frozen. "Not happy to hear from me? And I thought we had a connection." He mocked her.

"What do you want?" The confidence seemed to arise out of nowhere as she ordered the man to answer, "You mentioned you wouldn't kill me, so what exactly do you want?" A low chuckle sounded from the other line.

She placed the telephone in the gap between her head and shoulder, her hands reached for the foundation and twisted the cap back on. Cherry felt more alive then before and made her way downstairs. Cherry raised down the stairs and not a word was muttered through the phone, only the sounds of deep breathing could be heard. The girl sprinted through the house, checking every locked door and empty room— Her father wasn't home.

"Aren't you my clever girl?" The voice seemed to praise her.

Cherry felt a shiver run down her spine, she swapped the phone from one shoulder to the other so her hands were freed up, "I'm not your anything." She mumbled, finding herself in the kitchen.

"Tell me, Doll. How is Cherry Valentine— Really?"

A deafened silence followed the words as the brunette girl's face whitened, drained of all color as her attention fell on the kitchen countertop. More precisely— The knife block, her eyes glanced back at them. When the line went dead, Cherry had hung up.

She sighed in relief and grabbed a packet of chips from the pantry and an entire packet of cookies. Cherry ripped open the packet and placed one in her mouth, falling back onto the couch. A loud crash sounded from the roof directly above her head— Cherry rushed to her feet, in which she spilled the opened chips onto the freshly-cleaned floors.

The girl sprinted up the stairs and back into the opened door of her room. Everything was the same as she had left it— Not a soul had appeared in the room since then,as it appeared. From the corner of her eyes, she spotted it, the closet door had been opened. A darkness edged from the crack between two white oak doors, a small trail of black material wedged in the space. She shifted her vision back in place— not to alter the other person in the room.

In a matter of seconds, the figure crashed through to oak doors and tackled the girl to the ground. Her head smashed onto the floor, face first which caused her lip to ooze a metallic crimson. Cherry kicked her legs aimlessly, and was lucky enough to plant a harsh kick straight into the mans mask-covered face.

"Shit. Shit. Shit." She repeated under her breath as she crawled away from the knocked down figure and lifted herself back to her feet. Now firmly on the ground, she tried to run but only made it to the top of the staircase before the figure tackled her to the ground, again.

This time, the back of her head smacked roughly onto the floorboards. Now, she was knocked into an uncomfortable position and her breathing became heavier at the glance of the steel knife grossed in his gloved hand. His other hand placed pressure onto Cherry's throat, just enough to make her see stars.

Cherry felt the mans eyes burn into her own through the sockets of the ghost-looking mask. Those eyes— were all too familiar to the girl who slipped in and out of consciousness. The man raised the knife into the air.

"No! Please! Please don't!" Water poured from her eyes. He plunged the knife down and Cherry prepared herself for death, something she'd expected. Yet, not so soon.

Her shot to the side and the knife attached itself into floorboards. Without having a chance to react, the masked figure reached to her head and bashed it roughly onto the group. Knocking Cherry out— Suspending her into pure darkness.