Conflicting Feelings

"Listen I hate to interrupt but is no one going to talk about how this little girl used a wand?!" I heard Flynn from behind me. I let go of Varian and looked down and bit my lip softly. I heard Varian laughed. "Well how else is a witch supposed to use her magic? Now Cmon!" "Wait witch?!?! But you're not an ugly old hag!" I stared up at Flynn thinking for a moment. "I don't know if I should be offended or not so I'm going to take it as a compliment. Thank you and yes I'm not an old hag." I heard Varian laugh in front of me. "You're anything but an old hag milady!" I felt my cheeks heat up. "Wait didn't you say the same thing when you found out?!" He just shrugged his shoulders and went back to walking. Flynn rider suddenly grabbed both of our shoulders and turned us to face him. "Listen you two, I need you to tell me everything that the princess told you." With that Varian nodded and got out of his grip. "Oh yeah well okay! First she said 'we're looking for Varian!'" He said making his voice high and squeaky. "Then I said 'I am Varian!'" He made his voice deeper and I could help but laugh. "And then she said 'hi uh sorry to bother you sir, but I wanna ask you about my hair'" He said coming up to me and playing with my hair. He turned back to Flynn. "Oh wait, I'm sorry, let me back up. I forgot to tell you about the raccoon trap. So, there was-" Flynn suddenly cut him off. "Yes that's great, but what I meant is, tell me all the important stuff she said." Varian's face turn serious in an instant.

"Mr. Rider, when the princess of Corona speaks directly to you, every word is important." Varian turned away and kept walking while I was laughing and Flynn was face palming. I caught up to Varian and held his hand. "I loved the performance Sapphires. An award winning show!" I said smiling up at him still giggling. I felt him squeeze my hands and look down at me. "Well Milady I'm glad you enjoyed it!"

Varian took us into a shed near his lab. "I know that press is here somewhere. (Y/n) do you remember what it looks like?" He asked turning back to me. "Already looking for it!" I said smiling up at him giving him a small salute. "We'll find it Flynn."
He sighed before taking a deep breath. "Again, it's Eugene." I suddenly pulled a cloth off of a machine and under was the press. "Found it sapphires!" Varian walked over to me. "Once the tests are done, it'll print the results on parchment paper." Varian said crouching in front of the press. "Getting back to what the princess said-" Eugene was cut off by more trembling. "Umm Varian?" I asked him. He turned to look at me. "You know how we talked about how I'd tell you when I found out something fro ma dream was happening?" He nodded. "Yeah well this is one of those time." I said. "Why does that keep happening?! And what's this now about dreams?!" Eugene asked. Varian jumped up. "Flynn Rider and Milday! I believe I promised your secret." Varian said as he opened a secret hatch on the floor.

"Varian I know how this dream ends but that is was to cool to not go down." I said as I started getting a lantern ready. I handed him the lantern and he went down the ladder. I was my turn and I carefully went down. When I got close to the bottom I felt Varian's hands around my waist making sure I was safe. Eugene followed after me. "Now, if my dad knew I was down here, he'd kill me." Varian said laughing. "He'd kill both of us. Mainly you though sapphires." I said looking around. I saw him roll his eyes and start walking.

"Of course, if he knew what I was doing down here, he'd probably be impressed, or at least I hope he'd be impressed. These tunnels run through my entire village, which, make them perfect for this project." I was very confused. Normally Varian tells me about his projects before he actually does them. He always says it's to get a second opinion on it. 'Why didn't he ask me about this one?'

"What project?" Eugene asked. "This project." Varian said gesturing to the enormous machine in front of us. "I don't get it." Eugene said. "Through the miracle of alchemy, not magic, uh no offense (y/n)." I shrugged. "None taken." "I have found a way to heat this entire tank of water with a single drop of my newest yet to be named compound, which I'll call Flynnoelum." I decided to cut him off.