Seven

It had been two days since the incident at the bar and my night spent with Lucie. I walked into my last class of the day and my mind still swarmed with questions.

Why was she at the bar?

Why was she kissing a girl?

Was she gay?

If she was gay, why wasn't she kissing me?

I did not just think that. 

Luckily, today I didn't have an Advanced History class with Ms. Caldwell. I had ignored her after the awkward staring contest at the bar, and had avoided her house. Tonight that would change though. I was sleeping over at Lindsay's and we planned to drink, a lot

Lindsay had a motto, it was:

"I cannot afford a vacation, so I just drink until I forget where I am", and I found it quite inspiring at times. 

After school ended, Lindsay gave me a lift to her house.

"Why have you been acting weird the last couple of days?" She queried as we sat in her banged up Ford. 

"I haven't been weird," I blatantly lied. 

"I call bullshit." 

"It's honestly nothing, Lindsay. I just really feel like a drink."

"Maybe you will be more inclined to share once I get a few vodka shots inside of you," she smirked as we pulled up to her house. We had bet her mom home and I was relieved. I walked up to the guest room, that I practically owned, and put away my school stuff. I opened the wardrobe to where a suitcase full of my clothes was already situated, and got changed into a matching pair of small red satin pyjamas.

I strolled down the hall to the girl cave and placed myself behind the bar as I waited for Lindsay to get changed. Once she returned, we started off with three vodka shots each, followed by a shared 700ml bottle of Absolut Vodka. To say we were hammered would be putting it lightly. We tried to play beer pong, but with the amount of alcohol already in our system we could barely stand up, let alone throw a ball into a cup. We turned up the speaker system to a booming 40 in volume, without a care in the world. The ground was vibrating from the music and swaying due to my intoxication, that we didn't even realise when Jessica entered the room yelling. 

We were both stumbling over everything in a lame attempt to dance, with Lindsay throwing her clothes everywhere. Jessica stopped the music which caused Lindsay and I to land on our asses in shock. 

"What the hell are you girls doing?!" Jessica screamed, "It's 7pm, you are wasted, and are trying to burst everyone's eardrums within a five mile radius!" Lindsay pulled herself off the ground and staggered to her mom.

"We arrrreeeennn'tttt dattt drunkkk," she slurred. Her mom sighed, dragging her out of the room to her own bedroom. When she returned, I was standing up and drinking some of the cups of beer from our failed attempt at beer pong. 

Jessica rushed to my side and snatched the drink from my hand. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She berated me, "it is a Thursday night and you are so out of it that you probably won't remember anything by tomorrow."

I tried to walk over to her seductively, but probably just ended up looking like a deer that got hit by a car. I stood nose to nose with her, and she took a step back. We kept repeating this until her back was against the wall and she had nowhere else to go.

"Why don't we make the most of tonight then? Since I'm not going to remember anything tomorrow, of course," I suggested, and rested my hands on her hips. 

"Alex, this is highly inappropriate," Jessica mumbled, yet looked down at my lips ever so slightly. 

"I want to ask a question," I uttered.

She just gave me a small nod in reply. 

"Why were you making out with a girl at the bar?"

Jessica sighed and rubbed a hand over her face. "I go to the bar after a rough day, and she seemed nice, so we got to know each other a little more intimately."

"I didn't know you were a lesbian."

"I'm not, I'm bisexual. I did sleep with Lindsay's father after all," she said. When she brought up that disgusting man, it sent a shiver down my spine. He left this beautiful woman and his fourteen year old daughter for a young singer from LA. The last time they were talked about was two years ago when the couple stopped in town to visit his parents, him never once trying to reach out to Lindsay nor Jessica. 

I looked into Jessica's pale blue eyes and felt like I was drowning in them. Before I even thought about what I was saying, my mouth opened and spoke. "If you are bisexual, why have we never slept together?"

She seemed shocked by my question and closed her eyes for just a second. 

"I am thirty-five and you are eighteen, Alex. It is illegal and you are my daughter's best friend. I'm also now your teacher!" 

"I can keep a secret," I flirted, and pressed my lips against the crook of her neck softly. She let out a small sigh and didn't try to pull away.

"Don't do that, Alex. You are drunk and we can't be doing this," she said, trying to persuade herself at the same time.  

I lifted my green-grey eyes to meet her blue ones and stared at her intensely. Her face was full of emotion, most of them hard to read, but one stood out; lust. I leaned in little by little, giving her time to pull away or say no, but neither of those things happened. 

Instead, my lips fell upon her soft, sweet ones. She stayed frozen for a few seconds before she kissed me back. It was a slow and deliberate kiss, one to test how much she wanted this. I started to pull away slightly, but she pulled me back against her and tried to deepen the kiss.

Bingo. 

Her tongue slid along my bottom lip, asking for entrance, to which I granted. Our tongues moved in sync, dancing together in a rhythmic way. The kiss only lasted a few seconds longer, until Jessica pulled away and looked at me in fear. I wanted to lean in and taste those delicious lips again, but I knew it was probably a bad idea. 

This night would be remembered as good and bad. 

It would be the night I finally kissed Jessica Caldwell, but it would also be the last night she would ever speak to me. 

Alex finally got her kiss!

What will Alex's reaction be in the morning when she's sober?

Will this be the last night that Jessica ever speaks to her?

I hope you enjoyed. Vote, comment, continue reading!

- T.J Starc