SEVEN | year 3

A LETTER

"Don't you wanna go play Quidditch?" asked Draco, "It'll be loads of fun."

"No thanks, Draco." Cassiopeia shook her head as she places a book inside her bag, "I'm just really lazy to play. Besides, waking up early to practice is not really my thing..."

"Whatever, suit yourself." Draco purses his lips.

"And," shrugged Cassiopeia. "You'll never know the danger of what could happen. You can get zapped by lightning while playing."

•••

The Quidditch match between the Hufflepuffs and the Gryffindors were...insane. Due to the blowing of the winds, the rains and thunderstorm in the clouds, many students were injured and some even fell off their brooms.

Well, Harry Potter fell of his and Dumbledore saved his arse. Cassiopeia isn't quite fond of Quidditch, and this is the exact reason why. Well, she does like to play it, but only at home.

"Dumbledore should not have saved Potter's arse." scoffed Draco, "He could've just let him be."

"And make him fall to his death?" asked Cassiopeia, lifting a brow. "Don't wish death upon people."

"Who are you to tell me what to wish?"

"I am your sister." She smiled, taking out a small book from her bag.

"Father sent a letter." said Draco, giving Cassiopeia a brown letter with her name written on it.

'Cassiopeia Narcissa Malfoy
                L.M'

"Dear merlin, what does he want now?" She muttered to herself, she stood up and walked to her dorm room and closed the door behind her. She sat on her bed, quite scared to open it.

She slowly opened the letter, and read it.

Cassiopeia.
            I am glad you are sorted into Slytherin. If you were ever sorted into Gryffindor, I would've had you straight out of this house.

Your brother tells me you have not been doing well in some of your classes. If that shall continue, you might expect something when you get home.

I have a task for you. I want you write me everything that is happening with the Potter boy. I want all details of what he is planning with the Dark Lord. Befriend them.

If you shall succeed, you will make me proud.

- Lucius Malfoy

"'If you shall succeed,'" she reread. "'You will make me proud.'"

Cassiopeia bit her lips, it is a quite weird task. What the bloody hell was she supposed to do?? Write that Potter is having breakfast at 7.30am?!

She stood up, and placed the opened letter inside her drawer.

She was gonna make her father proud.

•••

Walking through the hallway, her head was down low, busy thinking as she walked. She has already befriended Hermione, through her, she could get to Potter.

But she can't make it obvious.

That also means she has to be dragged into their stupid adventures.

She walks inside the Library, which she knew Hermione would be there. Cassiopeia sat down next to her and smiled.

"Hello!" She waved, Hermione looks up from her book and smiled.

"Hello, Cassiopeia. What are you doing here?"

"To study..." she pursed her lips. "Where are the boys?"

"Not here," replied Hermione, as she scribbled something on her parchment. "Harry's taking a walk with Professor Lupin and...Ron is somewhere in the castle. Why?"

"Nothing. It's just, they're usually with you."

"I have to take a break with them, sometimes." sighed Hermione, "Boys give me headaches."

"That is true." Cassiopeia snorted. "Imagine having a brother. You're stuck with him until he leaves home."

"Yeah..." Hermione looked up at Cassiopeia as she furrows her eyebrows, biting her lip. "Hey, I'm still quite confused why you're not like..."

"My family?" She shrugged, "I read lots of books and I can say I'm a lot smarter than them."

Hermione shook her head, "No. I mean it, why?"

"I've seen how people are around them." She sighed, "Scared, pissed off...mostly pissed and angry. I hate being like that. Where will that bring me to?"

"Make sense." nodded Hermione. "Many people still hate you though."

"Wow. Thanks." Cassiopeia rolled her eyes jokingly. "I want to change my family's horrible attitude. Three versus one would not help."

Hermione sat there, quiet.

"You're the first one I've ever told this to, you know." Cassiopeia pursed her lips as she flips a page of her book. "It's nice having a friend."

Hermione gave her a heartfelt smile before turning back to her books. The entire day in the library with Hermione, she learned a little bit about Harry and Ron.

•••

"Class dismissed." said Professor Lupin, as he takes the parchments that students were holding. Cassiopeia packed her things, and she stopped.

She bit her lip and she lets out a huge sigh as she debates in her head whether or not she will talk to Lupin about her knowing he's a werewolf.

Should she?

Or not?

"Miss Malfoy," Lupin snapped her out of her thoughts. "Class has ended. You may leave now."

Cassiopeia looked around and saw she was the only one in the classroom left. She looked at him and handed him her parchment.

"Sorry, Professor." She sheepishly smiled, taking her bag and walking away. But her legs stopped. She cursed to herself before frowning and turning around to her Professor who's back was faced to her.

"Professor," she said. "Out of...umm..curiosity, I was wondering about why you keep being absent in class."

Lupin straightened up and turned to her. "I was ill."

"What type of sickness may I ask?"

"Flu." He replied fast, "I don't want the class to get my Flu now, would I?"

Cassiopeia nodded, "So you get sick every full moon?"

Lupin stiffens, his eyes narrow and his jaw was clenched. "You may leave now, Miss Malfoy. You don't want to be late for your next class."

"I have a free period." She shrugged. "Don't push me away, Professor. I know that you're a werewolf."

"How?" Lupin's voice was low, like a whisper.

"Quite obvious, really."  She clasps her hands. "Just kidding, I saw it."

"You saw it?"

"I bumped into you, remember?"

"And you saw it??"

"A vision." She bit her lip, "I don't know why, it's quite weird."

"Please, don't say a word—"

"Pfft. Your secrets safe with me, Professor." She smiled, "I don't have friends anyway. Besides, I don't want you to leave. You're a fun teacher."

She turned around and waved. "Toodles."

•••