52.

Malory's POV

     Christmas morning was actually really peaceful. I don't know why I expected something to go wrong but thankfully we all got to enjoy opening gifts and sitting by the fire together without any issues.

      It also snowed overnight and Draco has been begging us all to have one of our classic snowball fights since he noticed how white it is outside. I told him we'd go out as soon as breakfast was finished.

                    "Are you done with your food?"

      I turn to Draco, who has completely devoured the food on his plate.

                       "No, I'm not."

      He scrunches his eyebrows and falls back into his chair defeated. When I still take too long for his liking he ends up eating my leftover eggs and toast for me.

                   "I wanted that!" I huff.

          "No you didn't," He mutters. "Can we please go outside now?"

     Blaise and Aary finish their food also and get up from the table to join Draco who is already piling clothes on. I wash everyone's dishes quickly then pour the remaining tea into a mug and set it on the counter for when Snape wakes up.

          "Here, put this on!" Draco shouts at me while throwing a jumper over my head.

        I sigh dramatically then pull the warm clothes onto my body along with the jumper and my boots. I hear Snape enter the kitchen behind us and turn around to greet him.

                 "Merry Christmas!" Aary says happily.

       Snape nods while taking a sip from his tea. I follow Draco, Blaise, and Aary to the front door and Snape ends up doing the same. He stands in the doorway and watches as we all start making piles of snowballs.

                      "You should join us!" Draco hollers at Snape.

       Of course, Snape completely ignores him and continues to observe. Although he has opened up a lot to me and the others this holiday I can't imagine him messing around in the snow.

                    "Yeah, join! It'll be fun!" Aary whines.

        Snape gives me a blank expression and I shrug my shoulders, letting him know I didn't put them up to it.

              "Okay so are we doing boys against girls again?" Blaise asks.

         Draco nods. "You're great and all Mal, but I'm not going easy on you."

       I raise an eyebrow at him and he winks playfully before joining Blaise over on the opposite side of the yard. While waiting for them to start the game I look around at all of the other houses to see if anyone else is enjoying the Christmas snow, but no one's around.

                     "Ready?!" Blaise shouts.

       Aary places a snowball into my hand and when Draco shouts go we all start throwing the snowballs at each other full speed. Each time I think I'm close to hitting one of the boys they quickly crouch down and it flies right over their head.

             "I'm going to move, cover me." I whisper to Aary.

       She nods and I slowly crawl over to the bushes on my left and luckily Blaise and Draco don't see me. Or at least, that's what I think.