Chapter 24 • Butterflies

Take deep breaths, deep breaths Ella it's just a seat.

With a guy who has the power to make your heart beat like a drum just by being near me you.

Noticing that everyone is settling down since class is about to start, I rush towards my shared desk.

"Good afternoon everyone!" Our art teacher, Miss. Garcia smiles enthusiastically at the class only to be met with blank stares, I'm one of the few that actually smiles back at her.

I don't understand why many people don't like her I think she's amazing. I love how no matter what she's always her self even when the kids in my class make sure she knows how 'weird' she is, her clothes just add to her expressing herself, with the crazy colors she wears and how her hair is always in some crazy new hairstyle everyday, I just love how she radiates happiness no matter how gloomy it is that day.

"So today we're gonna be starting a new project one I look forward to every year. Your partners will be the person you share a desk with however if you know the person next to you I would recommend partnering up with someone you don't know that well and want to get to know but if you want to work with your friends that's fine too." Again I don't understand how people find her annoying. My smile falters a little when I realize my partner is Aaron.

Why am I upset about that? I don't want to judge him beforehand but a part of me no matter what has always been afraid of men and I can't help but think they all are gonna hurt me in some way.

"Your group project will be a 'get to know each other' type of thing. I have 5 questions already written out and I want you all to come up with 5 more questions to ask your partner." She explained while passing out the papers.

Looking down at the questions written down already I grew anxious to tell this person about myself. Yes these questions right now are simple just what's your favorite color or what's your favorites movie, but what about the questions he comes up with for me? He could ask why I'm new, or why my brothers never mentioned a sister.but he's also new here so he wouldn't know anything about that. But how did he know my brothers if he's new?

He probably met them earlier in the day I'm sure it's fine.

"Isn't this an art class? This seems like some lame get to know you project." I looked up as some random person asked this. I looked at Miss. Garcia as her smile becomes forced for a moment.

"Well it is a get to know you project, but this is only the first part. Complete this then you'll find out the second part." I smiled as I noticed her smile come back full force while her eyes looked around the classroom proudly.

Getting started on coming up with the rest of the 5 questions I was stumped. Should I ask him how he knew my name?

I sneaked a glance at Aaron from the corner of my eye to see him still scanning the page. I couldn't think of what to ask him with my mind going over every single thing that has happened since I met him. Going over possibilities that I doubt would ever happen, trying to convince myself that he's a danger.

I take deep breaths trying to win this battle against my head but it was hard when I could feel myself shrinking away from all the thoughts clouding my mind. I could feel myself being submissive and giving up complete control over every thought racing through my brain.

"Ella?" I blinked and looked at Aaron who was calling my name while scanning my face.

"I'm sorry what?" I spoke softly while looking up into his grey eyes that I feel myself getting lost into whenever I look at them.

Woah.

"I asked if you just wanted to do the questions already on the sheet first?" He smiled showing off his dimples that just made my heart beat louder than it already is.