six

six. vote & comment if u love
james and cassie as much as i do 💌

 vote & comment if u love james and cassie as much as i do 💌

The next few weeks everything went back to normal. Study sessions with Remus, picnic sessions with the girls and surprisingly, tea sessions with Minerva McGonagall.

One day Cassiopeia went up to Severus to tell him that she made up her mind and if he wanted, they could be friends again. She wanted to tell him that she had forgiven him.

But, much to everyone's surprise, before she could even say anything, he beat her to it. "Get away from me you filthy little mudblood."

His Slytherin friends laughed while Severus had plastered an apologetic look on his face, only for her to see. Cassiopeia knew that he didn't want to say it and that he only did it because of his friends, but that didn't stop her from getting her heart broken. Again.

Her vision was blurred with tears she wouldn't dare let them fall. "Alright. But don't come looking for my forgiveness again. I just hope you know what you're doing. Joining Voldemort and his Death-Munch's won't save you."

Severus' heart ached. The girl he loved just left him and it was his fault.

Later that day they had Defence Against the Dark Arts with the Ravenclaw's. Today they would finally learn how to produce a Patronus.

As Sirius Black, James Potter, Peter Pettigrew and Remus Lupin produced a corporal Patronus, Cassiopeia's jaw hung open.

James saw this and turned to her. "Close your mouth, love. You'll catch flies." Immediately Cassiopeia's mouth closed. She glared at him and went away, standing next to Alice.

Feeling inadequate, she attempted to conjure her own Patronus, but nothing seemed powerful enough. However, a thought crossed her mind, even though she doubted its effectiveness. "Expecto Patronum."

A silver something escaped from her wand. Her heart stopped from a moment. His heart stopped for a moment. Her eyes widened. His eyes widened. His patronus was a stag. Her patronus was a doe.

Everyone in the classroom knew what that meant and James couldn't help but wear a constant smile throughout the day.

As they lay in bed that night, they pondered each other's most impactful memories. Cassiopeia believed James's might involve Sirius, while James imagined Cassie's might be with Lily, Marlene, Alice, Dorcas and Mary.

Little did they know, their thoughts aligned perfectly—it was their shared hug that lingered in both their minds.