𝑪𝑰𝑵𝑸𝑼𝑬

Wizengamot is essentially wizarding politics

Wizengamot is essentially wizarding politics. It's a game. Who can get the most power? The most allies? Who's the best? But what many don't take into account is you have to be ambitious, cunning, resourceful, and be able to manipulate people easily.

Politics is a game, but it's also dangerous. You have to know everything about everyone, even the minor people because you never know, they could be your downfall.

The number one rule in politics is: to never underestimate people.

That is why Slytherins usually get a job in politics — you can't fool them easily. They fool you.

Estelle looked at herself in the mirror, "Today is the day." she told herself looking at her reflection. She wished she had her adult body — she hated being a child.

Her hair was pulled into a ponytail, and she was wearing her Wizengamot robes.

October fifteenth, the day of Sirius's trial and Estelle was nervous — along with her grandmother. They both hoped the day would go by smoothly.

And maybe it would, after all Dumbledores not allowed to attend.

"Grandmother," called Estelle softly looking up from the table.

It wasn't often Estelle got emotional, but when she did, it was for good reason, and this was a good reason.

"Yes, Mon etolié?" replied her grandmother from her seat. The past two months had been amazing for the two women — it was as if they'd been in each other's life forever. Walburga simply adored the girl and made it her mission to spoil Estelle rotten. And the same could be said for Estelle — she simply adored her grandmother.

"What if-," Estelle faltered, "What if the trial goes bad and Sirius isn't freed?"

Walburga smiled softly at her granddaughters' worry, "It won't go bad. And if it does, we'll find a way to ruin them."

Estelle looked at her grandmother in awe, "God, I love you."

Walburga gave her a blinding smile, "Good," she became very stern, "You better remember that."

"Oh, don't worry, I will," smirked Estelle.

"Morty!" exclaimed Estelle as she speed-walked up to him, "I'm so glad you're here."

They hugged each other, relishing in it, "I am too, Mistress." smirked Mortimer.

"Oh, hush you," said Estelle as she lightly slapped his shoulder.

Walburga walked up to them with an amused glint in her eyes, "If you are done children, I believe we have a trial to attend."