Sick

"Why is everything so cold?" Cherry said to himself as he picked up his paintbrush. It wasn't raining and it was not snowing either. He was feeling dizzy and he couldn't maintain his balance.

Carla reminded him to take his medicine and not go to S. "I'm fine Carla. It's just a cold".

Luckily, he doesn't have any clients in the whole afternoon. He decided to use his time to take a rest assuming that his cold will be gone in the evening.

After 3 hours~

Cherry woke up feeling slightly better. He still had a headache but it's not painful than before. He got up wore his trademark kimono, mask, and gloves and have his driver take him to S.

Joe was waiting for him at their usual meeting place. Joe was about to greet him when Kaoru just walked past him and sat on one of the couch.

"Joe. Wake me up when the race starts. I'm going to sleep. I'm tired" Cherry said in a slurred voice then closed his eyes. Joe being a meathead, he didn't even notice Cherry's condition. He just let him be and watch as the crowd goes bigger.

Meanwhile...

Reki and Langa arrived with Miya as they ride with Shadow. They were bored and they decided to hangout. They were flexing their own skateboards and Langa being an adorable snowflake, kept bragging about his board that Reki made for him.

They stopped their chats when they heard the airhorn signalling that the match was about to begin.

Back to Cherry Matcha~

"Kaoru. Wake up" Joe said. "I told you to call me Cherry" the other mumbled while rubbing his eyes. He hissed at his headache. "What's wrong?" Joe asked. "Nothing. It's so bright that I can't see" Cherry replied with an excuse.

"I'll beat you tonight Megane." Joe picked up his skateboard. "I would like to see you try, muscleminded gorilla" replied Cherry.

The crowd roared when the 2 contestants emerge from nowhere. They stopped at the starting line. Cherry was feeling worse. His competitive self was the only thing that kept him from collapsing.

Ready, set, go!

As Cherry happens to be lucky today, he was off to a great start. Joe was ahead slightly but he's still close. For a while, Cherry was getting dizzier.

When they were about to turn, Cherry's whole body gave up and he lost balance and landed on the floor with minor cuts because of the speed. The crowd was shocked. Joe looked at his back and his eyes went wide to see his rival on the ground having a hard time breathing.

Joe's POV

"Kaoru!" I rushed to him and held his hand. Shit. His temperature is so high. Why didn't he tell me that he's sick? I looked at his cuts and carried him. "Reki, Langa, Miya, Shadow" I yelled and said "Follow me".

I laid him gently on the couch putting a wet towel on his forehead. "Here's the medicine" Miya handed them and went to sit near Kaoru.

"Carla, what happened to him this morning?" I asked the AI. "Master caught a cold" Carla simply said. I can't believe I didn't notice his tiredness earlier.

It was now 10 pm. There are still some skaters outside. The 4 boys went home already. I finished ate the food that Shadow bought for us. I sighed as I replace the cold towel on Kaoru's forehead.

Cherry's POV

I woke up feeling better. I looked around my surroundings and found Kojiro. "Oh you're awake? Before you drink your medicine, eat first" He said then handed me a take-out porridge. "What happened?" I asked him.

"You collapsed in the middle of our match. You could have just said that you're not feeling well. I'm not that merciless" He replied, sighing. "I'm sorry" I said in a low voice.

"You should thank the 4, they also helped in making sure you're okay" He spoke again. It seems that he is mad. I decided not no talk to him for the meantime. "Carla, what time is it?" "It's 10 pm Master".

My eyes went wide. How long did I slept? "Thank you for taking the burden of staying with me" I said to Kojiro. "You should watch your health next time Kaoru. Don't do it again" He said finally turning to me.

"Again thank you. I owe you one" I showed my sincerest smile. He turned away again which made me frown. "Are you feeling better already? We need to get back home. We can't stay here" he said standing up. I nodded.

"Put me down!" I said squirming as he carried me saying that I'm still sick. "It's alright. I can skate. I will not give you any more trouble" I said then he put me down.
"Fine. I will skate with you till you get home then" He said then got on his board. "Oh and by the way, I love taking care of you" He said then smiled, the teasing kind of smile.

"Shut up" I said and skated passing him.

When we were near at my place, he said that he will go home finishing the task of accompanying me. I stopped him by pulling his sleeve and said "Its aleady late. You should stay at my place for the night. I bet you're tired" I shyly said. He smirked and teased me for being worried.

Joe's POV

"You're worried? Well that's new" I teasingly said to him. "Well I don't mind staying at your place. We get to share the same bed right?" I said teasing him more.
He turned his head and said "Alright then" which shocked me. I went near him grabbed his head and touched his forehead with my lips. "You're still hot. I guess the fever changes your attitude" I said. He pushed me away then covered his face and said "Let's just go inside you bastard".

I laughed. I was really planning to stay at his place anyway.

🌸~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🌸

Thank your the 1k reads guys!🥳 *attempts to dance the monkey dance*
I'm very grateful to all of you🥺✊

Its time for the ANIME ROULETTE

Challenge: NAME AS MANY CHARACTERS THAT STARTS WITH LETTER 'L'

The winner gets to decide what challenge to do next and he/she can suggest what to add to the Anime Roulette.