6. Truce

Casper abandoned Angelina the moment he unceremoniously shoved her suitcases into the room. If she cared, she would have been offended but she couldn't find herself to be all that bothered. She was still trying to grasp the idea that her sister was currently missing and she was now inside the Silver Dawn Pack.

     She unzipped the first suitcase, finding only Rosie's clothes inside. She wasn't surprised that the clothes still bore their price tags. They were completely untouched and still carried that newly purchased scent.

     Angelina glimpsed a red thong inside and threw the silk away with a cringe. She was never going to wear that.

     She wouldn't be staying long either. The room wasn't big but it was enough for her. She decided against unpacking the clothes and left the things inside her luggage. It would be easier for when she left.

     But she was in need of a hot shower.

     She found the door leading to the small connecting bathroom. There was a toilet and a shower cubicle that didn't allow much movement. She tweaked the knobs. The pipes groaned and squeaked as a steady stream of water fell.

     She made sure the lock on the door was clicked into place before she pulled off her shirt.

***

     Angelina hadn't been prepared when a knock came to her door.

     The heat of the shower helped ease her tense muscles but it did little to calm her doubts. She just needed to see Evie to know she was okay.

     Three knocks sounded again.

     Angelina slipped her phone under the pillow before she answered the door.

     Drake.

     His gaze flew to her bare feet before he yanked his eyes to meet hers as if knowing he shouldn't have done that. She had to give him credit. He didn't blush. "You ready?" He drawled, leaning a buff arm against the frame of the door.

     She regarded him with suspicion. He had been the first to speak when he and the other two cornered her in the forest. She noted that he was less tense now. Maybe it was because she was under the Alpha's protection.

     She still was surprised that the Alpha would warn his Pack mates. It seemed like none of them questioned him either. He held the Alpha Authority.

     Even a dimwit would recognise the unspoken threat in his tone. She was sure that may have royally pissed some of them off but a quick scan of Drake told her enough that he was still an unknown threat.

     He was either good at keeping his expressions painfully stoic or he just didn't give two shits whether she was there or not.

     "Ready for what?" She copied his stance.

     His brow arched. "Dinner. We have dinner each night here at the house."

     "You're inviting me to eat dinner with you guys?" She couldn't hide the shock in her voice.

     "Not inviting. We just want to keep an eye on you and we're hungry. We'd rather be eating food while watching you."

     "Right."

     "So?"

     "Give me a minute so I can put on some pants."

     His gaze flew to her obviously bare thighs. His lips quirked. "Yeah. You do that. Don't take too long. The Alpha doesn't like to wait."