onze

onze. vote & comment if you've
been looking forward to this chapter 🤫🕵️‍♀️🕵️‍♀️

December came quickly and the marauders and the girls were walking around Hogsmeade

James and Cassiopeia, deciding to talk about Head Boy - Head Girl duties, were walking a bit slower behind them.

As Cassiopeia was deep into her monologue, James interrupted her. "Hey Jones, you do realize that you have snow on your hair, right?"

She laughed. "Of course I know that, Potter! It's Christmas! Everyone should be happy and have snow on their hair."

James stopped, making her halt as well. "Well, I don't really think that would be fair."

"Oh really, Potter?" She rolled her eyes. "How come?"

"Because no one would look as pretty as you do right now, Jones." James said, smiling slightly.

Cassiopeia looked him deep into his eyes, her cheeks reddening. They both looked quite flustered, to be completely honest.

"Oi! Prongs, Jones! Move along or else the Three Broomsticks will close before we're even there!" They heard Sirius' voice from afar.

They chuckled awkwardly and proceeded to walk up to their friends, not saying a single word to each other.

ੈ✩‧₊˚

Gryffindor's quidditch match against Slytherin is about to start, and there's an electric atmosphere at the Table.

Cassiopeia sits beside James and surprises everyone by expressing her concern and wishing him luck. "Be careful, alright? Oh and good luck!"

James can't help but smile. "You'll be cheering for me in stands, won't you, Jones?"

"Maybe. But only if you look for me after scoring the winning goal, Potter," she laughed.

The rest of the Marauders are in disbelief, questioning whether they imagined the conversation.

Cassiopeia feels a slight sense of worry for James, hoping he won't get hurt. The score is currently 110-30 in Gryffindor's favor.

"Gryffindor Keeper White just saved a goal. And Potter takes the quaffle and- AND SCORES! Oh and the gryffindor seeker Thomas has spotted the snitch. And- AND HE CATCHES THE SNITCH GRYFFINDOR WINS ! TAKE THAT YOU CHEATING SCUM! GRYFFINDOR WINS! GRYFFINDOR WINS!" Jordan can't contain his excitement, taunting the Slytherins in the process.

Cassiopeia erupts in applause, overcome with joy. She rushes toward James and does something unexpected. Cassiopeia Mariam Jones leans in and embraces James Fleamont Potter.

After they pulled away, there was an undeniable connection as they locked eyes. Unbeknownst to them, everyone around had stopped to watch.

In that moment, Cassiopeia couldn't resist closing the distance between her and James. Sparks ignited in their stomachs, enveloping them in their own world. Cassiopeia's heart raced, her knees growing weak. All that mattered was the rightness of their kiss.

Their lips moved in perfect harmony. James' gentle yet passionate kiss was unlike anything Cassiopeia had ever experienced. His hands on her waist, his lips on hers, it was pure bliss. He had wanted her before, but now his desire intensified.

As they finally pulled apart, their gaze remained locked on each other.

They were oblivious to the tears streaming down Severus' face or the secret bets being made by their friends.

They didn't notice how Marlene, Peter and Sirius passed Remus, Dorcas, Mary and Lily five galleons. They didn't notice how Dumbledore passed McGonagall ten galleons. They didn't notice how Flitwick passed Slughorn and McGonagall seven galleons. They didn't notice how half of the people in the stadium sat there with their jaws open because they hadn't expected that.

They didn't notice how happy everyone was for them. The didn't notice that Professor McGonagall had the biggest smile of them all.

All they saw was each other.

"Cassiopeia Mariam Jones, I really, really like you," James confessed.

Cassiopeia laughed, her voice trembling with emotion. "James Fleamont Potter, I really, really like you too, and I'm so sorry I didn't realize it sooner."

James's smile grew even bigger if that was even possible. And with that he closed the gap between them once again.