𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐲'𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐧

"It was actually nice. The campus is really big, they have a beautiful Auditorium and the lecture hall was good too." I say taking a sip of my coffee.

Lucy gives me a look that screams are you serious while she walks past me.
She called me and asked if I wanted to take a walk around the park.

The sun is out today but it's seemingly colder than last week indicating that autumn is really coming out now.

"Stop looking at me like that." I say and even though my eyes are staying on the ground beneath me I know she's staring at me intensely.

"How am I looking?" She asks me and I look up at her face.
"Like you're judging me."

"Maybe because I am." I roll my eyes and walk a bit quicker so we get some distance between us.
I really don't have the strength to discuss anything with Lucy right now and I don't want it to end in a fight.

Her steps match my quick pace which makes me sigh.
"I did nothing wrong. It was just to show me the campus." I justify myself.

"And going to a bar with his friends until you both slept in your bed." She continues and I already regret telling her that bit.

But I have to talk to someone about it and Lucy is the only one I trust enough even though she's judging me already for it.

"We slept nothing more nothing less." I say my lips in a tight line because we slept pretty close.
"I don't know Arwen. I would keep my distance from him. It's concerning that he acts this way because he's older than you and should know it's wrong."

"He's nineteen Luce that's not old." I protest and she rolls her eyes.

How am I supposed to keep my distance when he's joining the road trip?
That's not really possible because we're all going to be cramped in a van all day long.

"Still if someone finds out about this he's going to be hold responsible for it."

"About this? What is that even supposed to mean?" I scoff because I think she's making this bigger than it really is.

She shoots me a look and I look at the trees the leaves falling down slowly but surely.
Maybe she is right and I'm wrong?
But my intention was really just to see the college so I could get another thing of my checklist.

"What if..what if he'd break up with Jenna.." I trail off letting her finish the thought for me.
"No Arwen don't even think about it. It's still wrong." She shakes her head and I sigh letting my head fall in my neck frustratedly.

"I know it is but he's so easy to talk to. He's different than the boys at our school."

"He's older and unavailable I think your horny teenager hormones makes him up to be the perfect guy just because you can't have him." She counters and I look at her thinking about it.

"You think so?" I ask her worried and she nods.
"So what you're saying is that Timothée isn't actually how I think he is and I'm just horny?" It definitely sounds wrong to say it.

"Exactly." She agrees and I look at her warily.
"But it's nothing physical with him. I mean of course he's attractive but I like talking to him spending time with him." I say and her gaze turns worried.

"Oh no no no Arwen don't even dare to go there." She says and I pout because she's making me feel bad.
"Don't you dare have a crush on him. He's your sister's boyfriend!" She scolds me and I sigh nodding.

"I know I don't have a crush on him I swear. We're friends nothing more." I tell her and it's the truth.
Probably.
Hopefully.

"You better be honest." She says as she hooks her arm around mine and we continue our stroll.
"I'm so sad you're going to leave for the contest. I'm gonna be all alone here during break." She sighs jumping to the next topic and I squeeze her arm against mine gently.

"It's just the first week. I make sure I have enough time for you the second one."

"I know but I would love to join you and see you sing. I hate that my parents are so conservative." She sighs and I look at her empathetic.

I wish she would be there as well it would be so much fun but when her parents don't allow it I can't do much about it.

"I'll make sure Dawson or Tarver are gone send you some videos."

"Oh my god that's a perfect idea I could ask Tarver to face time me then I could listen to you live." She grins but I furrow my brows at her words.

"Tarver?" I press and she looks at me sheepishly.
Oh no please tell me she's kidding.
"He texted me a week ago and since then we've been talking." I open my mouth letting my arm slip out of hers.
The feeling of betrayal forms in my body but it gets overpowered by disgust.

"You and my brother? I-..ew." I settle on a disgusted sound looking at the concrete in front of us.
Tarver is a player that's why I wanted to keep Lucy away from him but I guess no one can resist my brothers charm.

"He's twenty." I say.

"Yeah and I'm eighteen." She says and I hate that it doesn't even sound bad.
I can't be mad at her because she's my best friend.
I'm just worried.

"Please don't be angry at me okay? I like him he was always nice to me when I came over and I think we really hit it off."

"God you don't know what you do to me with starting to date my brother." I tell her.
She pouts and gives me her best puppy eyes making me sigh defeatedly.

She smiles and winds her arm back around mine.
"If you're gonna get hurt I'm the one who has to see you cry about my brother." I say and she leans up to kiss my cheek.

"I love you. Did I ever tell you that you're my best friend?" She says grinning and I roll my eyes.
"Yes but maybe you could show me more by baking me a cake." She starts to laugh and I soon join her.

"I love you Luce." I tell her genuinely and she smiles at me softly.
"Love you too best friend."

We spent another hour in the park and while Lucy is relieved that I reacted good to her proposition I let myself dive inside my thoughts.
Thinking about the upcoming trip and how I'm going to keep my distance from Timothée.

It's the only right thing to do.