Chapter 1

Home, a name usually given to a safe place where one can feel happy and at peace. Katerina has never experienced a place like home; She never considered moving from base to base, cell to cell, a 'home situation'.
The Red Room; a secret facility that raises children to be used as assassinating killing machines.
Being an assassin is never easy, but in her short life on earth so far, it's the only normal she knows. Being a 20 year old assassin, normal is difficult to come by.

The Red Room was never her home, it was her prison.

Which is why she needed to escape...

Russia  ~ Katerina's 5th Birthday

As a child, innocence and naivety was all you knew. There is no fear, no paranoia of what could come as a result of actions. That burden recited on their parents shoulders until she was old enough to carry her own. That is if it weren't for their demise that occurred the very same day.

As Katerina exited her room on the morning of her birthday, the smell of her mothers cooking filled the air with an aroma of birthday pancakes. 'Today was going to be a good day' she thought while stuffing her face with her breakfast.

***

Hours passed and the sun had set leaving scattered stars to light up the night sky. Young Katerina was walking through the streets with each of her hands gripped tightly with her parents' hands as they headed into a dingy alleyway. Katerina furrowed her brows as she felt her fathers grip tighten when two towering men made their way in the alley the same way. Their pace picked up as the people behind them closed in. They halted to find their path being blocked by two more silhouetted mountain figures that sent Katerina's stomach churning with anxiety. The sound of heavy breathing and panicking mumbles exited Katerina's mothers mouth as she expressed her concern for their safety. It was almost as though they knew who was cornering them and they have been trying to avoid being sighted.

They knew they had been found; The men were here for their daughter. All of their past mistakes of running has resulted in this moment of parental protection as each of them blocked their beloved girl from the four men.

''мы пришли за девушкой, отдадим ее и мы вас быстро добьем. это наказание за бегство и предательство своих хозяев (we have come for the girl, hand her over and we will finish you quickly. this is punishment for running and betraying your owners)''

''никогда (never)'' My fathers angered voice replied hesitant to knowing it is their jobs as parents to protect her all they can even with knowledge of it resulting in their inevitable deaths

Before Katerina had time to react to the situation, the tall figures lunged at her parents aggressively from both ends. Each of them at disadvantage taking on two. All of their past training of now being retired assassins paid off as they were managing. Until the loud ringing of a gun pierced her ears followed by her fathers body falling limp beside her. A mourning cry was released from her mothers mouth breaking the silence while the sheer look of horror was plastered on Katerina's face; her eyes didn't tear away from her fathers body.

Katerina's thoughts were broken by the aggressive grip of one of the men dragging her away as her mother carried on battling the other two. Fear washed over her as she felt her freedom leaving as she got further and further away from her darling mum.

''мать! (mother!)''

Her screaming voice echoed throughout the alleyway as she was dragged into a van.
''мать! мать! мать!'' Her terrified voice repeated as she grew terrified for her mothers life against the men.
The familiar sound of the gun rendered her mothers body still and the fight on hold as her lifeless corpse dropped on the floor next to her fathers with a soft thud. This time Katerina screamed, she screamed and cried like she never had before, that was until a sharp pain struck into her neck and blackness overtook her vision. Before she knew it, she was out.