Roomies and Zoomies

"I have to go back!" Vincent exclaimed. He'd stayed at Lucas' house for almost a week and was seriously out of clothing and sick of borrowing Lucas'. Sure, Lucas had provided Vincent with necessities like his own toothbrush, but he really could not possibly stay another day at the apartment.

     "I don't want you to go." Lucas whined, grabbing onto Vincent and wrapping his arms around the boy's neck. "One more day."

     "That's what you said yesterday."

     "Well today I mean it."

"Come on. You'll see me again before you know it." Vincent rolled his eyes.

"I don't like being alone here. I don't..." Lucas paused to look around the apartment. "I don't like being alone at all."

"You're not alone, and you can call me if you need anything. Besides, I'll literally see you tomorrow, if not by the end of the day today."

"That's too long."

"Please Lucas. Please just drive me home. The sooner I go, the sooner I can come back." Vincent suggested.

"I'll miss you too much." Lucas' face lit up. "Why don't you just come live here?"

"Here? With you?" Vincent wondered aloud.

"Yeah, then you'll never have to go back, plus you'll save loads on room and board if you don't have a dorm room anymore."

"But moving in together.. isn't that awfully soon?" Vincent's voice betrayed concern.

"Don't think about it like that, just think about it like us being roommates. Besides, I have an extra room anyway, so we wouldn't even need to share a bed if you're uncomfortable."

     "Are you serious?"

     "Why not?" Lucas asked. "Friends do it all the time."

     "I guess... I guess it's not a bad idea." Vincent said thoughtfully.

      "There you go!" Lucas cheered. "I'm sure your mom will let you."

     "I would imagine so as long as I'm staying with you. Have you put any thought into Christmas?"

     "Nope." Lucas shrugged.

     "Oh you should spend it with my mom and I!" Vincent smiled, wrapping his arms around Lucas' waist.

      "Sounds perfect."

     "And hey, while we're there, we can ask my mom about us moving in together."

     "Even better."

    "I still need to go back today though."

     "Getting worse."

     "Lucas." Vincent scoffed.

     "Fine. Let's go." Lucas relented and grabbed his car keys. It would also be much simpler to no longer have to pick Vincent up for everything, but to just already have him be there, and he hoped Ms. Chance would agree.

     Back in his dorm room Vincent fell onto the bed, ready to sleep for another hundred years. Dustin out for whatever reason, so Vincent changed right away, glad to be back into clothing that fit him more properly.

      Outside the window he saw the early December snow drifting down and smiled to himself. It had been a very good start to the year, and he was glad to finally have his first ever real boyfriend. It was a new experience, but so far it had been a very good one.