17: Cigarattes

"I'm Remus, you're Sirius."

       Amelia arrived at Grimmauld Place after a fairly uneventful day at work

Amelia arrived at Grimmauld Place after a fairly uneventful day at work. She honestly expected dangerous tasks when she was training to be an auror, but instead she was buried under a lot of boring paperwork.

Today was Sirius's birthday, and Molly decided to throw a surprise party for him, a decent try at attempting to give him something to be happy about.

Guinevere greeted her with a hug, and went back to helping with the food. Some order members were here as well, either chatting or helping out with the small celebration.

Sirius was currently out with Remus, who was given the task of distracting the man. Well technically, it was Snuffles out, not Sirius.

"Wotcher, Amy!" A cheerful voice said behind her.

Amelia turned around to see Tonks, looking gorgeous as ever, even under the dim light. Amelia's face immediately carved into a smile upon seeing the pink haired witch.

"Tonks," She greeted her, walking closer to the witch, but far enough to be considered platonic.

Guinevere grinned at the nickname and shot a playful look to Amelia.

Amelia pretended to not notice Guinevere's knowing look, but instead focused on Tonks, who was smiling at her. "You look great," Amelia said, almost stuttering under the gaze of the witch. Tonks chuckled and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"You don't look too bad yourself, Vance." she replied, winking at the other woman, not noticing the way Amelia's cheeks turned pink.

Guinevere snorted at this and both women quickly moved away from each other, looking at her defensively. She then raised both hands in defeat and returned her undivided attention to filling the cake. Molly had imposed the importance of having everything perfect —especially the cake— to everyone earlier in the day.

"It's hardly a birthday without good cake!"

Remus was walking through the streets of London, a drink on his left hand and a leash on the other. He'd been tasked to "walk the dog" today without making it obvious that they were up to something.

He knew this would be impossible, especially given the fact that Sirius was hardly even permitted to go out. Remus knew that Sirius had sensed something wrong since the large dog kept pulling him into street alcoves.

"Stop," he hissed, as he gripped the leash harder. People were starting to stare at the odd pair. It seems that most were curious about the pair.

It was either:

A.) Sirius is a large dog and was practically dragging Remus.
B.) Remus had so many scars that they must think it came from the dog.

Remus suspected it was the latter.