24

☾

"Okay, we need outfits for the party so we are going shopping" Alice announces to the female couple, walking into Katherines art room, watching as she tries to teach Rosalie how to draw.

Katherine stands behind the blonde girl, one hand grasping Rosalies hand that held an oil pastel, showing her how to do the movements to get precise strokes. Alice smiles at the couple, they were utterly adorable and nothing could top them.

The raven haired vampire turns to look at Alice with a smile, she loved shopping, but confusion quickly settles upon her face.

"Why aren't you at school?" She asks the small vampire.

"Bella went to the reservation with Jacob, Edward is going mad so he made us skip aswell however personally I am not in the mood for that drama and am taking this opportunity for shopping" she beams brightly, Katherine shakes her head at the girl as a small laugh leaves her lips. she was a shop-aholic.

"Is a party really necessary?" Rosalie asks, leaning back against Katherines chest slightly. She didn't want to leave to go shopping as much as she enjoyed it. She just wanted to continue basking in the affection her wife was giving her, after everything that happened she needed constant attention or she'd get extremely needy, then sad.

"Yes! It's our graduation and Bellas last human graduation it calls for a night to remember" she puts her hand on her hip and raises an eyebrow at them. The girls put their hands up in surrender, everyone knew better than to mess with an organised Alice.

"Right, we'll come"

"Now get cleaned up and we can go"

☁︎︎

Katherines hand is linked with Rosalie's as they walk through the shops, Alice infront of them with a skip in her step as she browses through the clothes on every single rack she walks past. She already knew exactly what dress she was going to get, but she liked the thought of picking one out.

Katherine had already picked and bought the dress she was going to wear whilst the other two were still searching, she already had specific styles in mind and it didn't take much to find one she liked.

Time grows longer as the other two girls look around and the eldest girl was finding herself bored, her wife's attention being elsewhere leaving her with no one to cure her boredom.

"Hey, I'm going to go to that bookstore we passed whilst you guys keep looking" Katherine tells them to which the two girls nod and hum still focussing on various dresses. Rosalie leaves the rack she's looking at and pecks Katherines lips before she swiftly continues looking through the clothing racks.

Finally choosing their dresses, they quickly pay and go to wait on a bench for Katherine to finish with her book shopping. The girl could spend hours looking for books, but they didn't mind as long as it made her happy, they'd wait for however long just so a chirpy Katherine could be brung home with them.

Alice and Rose are quick to jump into conversations that would have Carlisle fighting for a heart attack when a sight catches Rosalie's eye leaving the girl to stare at it, making Alice turn to look aswell.

A little girl around the age of four is giggling as two women swing her up into the air by her arms, the two women cooing and smiling at her adorable little laughs which echoed vibrantly. Alice sighs at the longing look on Rosalie's face, it was no secret that Rosalie wanted exactly that with Katherine, she longed to start a family with her wife but Katherine always told her she didn't want children, that she despised them.

Alice however knew the truth and so did Rosalie since Kol had let it slip about her real feelings, Katherine was scared, children were delicate little things and she was scared to hurt them, even when with the volturi she never hurt or fed off an innocent child, that's something she despised them greatly for, she always felt guilty knowing she couldn't save a kids life from being a volturis dinner. Katherine didn't think she would be a good mother, she hated the idea that she could be a bad parent like her parents were.

That and the fact she wasn't a man, Rosalie came from a traditional time and she longed for the idea of the perfect American family. A loving husband, a pretty housewife and their two children. Katherine couldn't give her her dream.

Rosalie averts her gaze from the happy scene and looks down slightly, she knew Katherine would be the best mother in the world, she just wished she could see it for herself and trust herself enough.

Her face lights up as she sees Katherine happily skip to her with a bag full of books. She smiles at her wife's happiness just from buying a set of books, she was so easy to please.

"All done?" Alice asks as the pair stand up from the bench, Katherine nods with a small hum as she watches Rosalie carefully, something seems wrong but with Alice's shake of her head she doesn't push it, instead taking the blonde girl into her arms and pecking all over her face making Rose laugh.

She could relish all day in the sound of her wife's happy laughter, it was so rare that anyone heard it but when they did it was ninety nine percent of the time Katherine that had caused it.

"Ready to go?" Rosalie takes her bags from her, Katherine getting ready to protest but one look from rose quickly shuts her up. Rose treats Katherine as though she is a queen, someone that deserves to be caressed in the finest golds and most precious rose petals. Katherine didn't know what good thing she had done in her life to deserve her.

They hadn't realised the time as they went shop to shop and it had now turned dark. Katherines phone starts ringing, she quickly takes the annoying vibrating device out of her back pocket and answers.

It was Edward.

"Hello?"

"We need you here now"

☀︎︎