Chapter 57

"Cam come on let's get going! We're going on a road trip!" Mason enthusiastically tried to wake up the sleeping six year old. He had his hand on her back softly rubbing up and down. Hoping it would wake her up.

Cameron let out a small little groan. Pulling her covers closer to her, making a protective cocoon around her.

"And I thought we had a couple of years until you turned into a grumpy teen." Mason mumbled, as he noticed how Cameron wasn't going to move.

"Did you get her to wake up yet?" Owen yawned, he was stood by the bedroom door entrance.

"Of course she is not going to get up. We're up at an ungodly hour and last night she was bouncing off the walls with excitement for this trip." Noah appeared beside Owen. He wasn't happy how Mason insisted they leave at five o'clock in the morning. It was currently half four in the morning.

Since the drive was twenty hour drive to Flordia. They decided to make a pit stop half way in Nashville which was a nine hour drive. So if they left at five they should reach Nashville at two.

Mason sighed, turning back to the task at hand. "Come on Cam. It's time to wake up."

Cameron didn't budge. She was too happy in dreamland, riding a life size Ellie. As she ran through candy floss forest.

"Look I'll show you how you do it." Noah walked by Owen. Mason watched Noah as he just picked Cameron up with her still wrapped in her blanket like some baby.

Cameron shuffled a bit in his arms, but her eyes did not open. In the end she just ended up in a deeper sleep. "Now, we have a travel size Cameron. Let's go."

Noah walked out of her room. Cameron still in his arms asleep.

"Noah you can't just carry her around." Owen said but Noah was already down the stairs.

Mason stood up sighing. "Do you have all the bags?"

"All in the car your highness." Owen bowed down. It wasn't like Mason was driving. They were switching but Owen was driving the first four hours.

"You will be thankful that I packed a snack bag." Mason mocked. Walking past Owen.

When they got out to the car Cameron was all strapped into her seat. A blanket wrapped around her and Ellie tucked in beside her. She was still in her pyjamas. Noah scrolled through his phone as his head laid on a pillow that was leaning on the window.

"What happened to her duvet that you lifted her up with?" Mason asked as he noticed the different blanket wrapped around Cameron.

Noah shrugged. "I threw it on the couch."

"Did you at least put it there neatly?" Owen asked when he got into the car after locking up the house.

"No. My hands were full." Noah looked at his brother as if he had ten heads.

Mason rolled his eyes, leaning his head back on the head rest.

Mason and Owen were the only two who got dressed. They both wore a pair of shorts for the warm weather. While Noah still wore the tracksuit bottoms he wore to bed and Cameron was still rocking her princess nightgown.

Owen set up his phone and the destination for the trip. The little voice started to play as Owen started to drive. This was going to be the start of their adventure.

****

Owen had now been driving for around two hours. Cameron started to stir in her sleep. Slowly her eyes opened, they casted around the car. Noah was fast asleep well he looked asleep but had his ear phones in. While Owen and Mason were talking about someone.