03

Maggie was worried. Once she had finally calmed down enough to take in everything that was going on around her, she realized that Percy had been taken by Mrs. Dodds.

Something seemed off, especially at that moment. Magnolia wasn't sure whether it was because of the effects Mrs. Dodds left behind, or the thoughts about Percy that she had been trying to rid her mind of.

She knew that he was different (not in a bad way, no one is the same), but she recently started to believe that he may have been like her. She had been harboring the thought of Percy being a demigod for a while. Her suspicion only seemed to multiply a hundredfold after Chiron had shown up to Yancy and taken particular interest in the boy.

Magnolia hoped that she was wrong about his being a demigod. It would only bring more trouble to Percy's life, and she knew that it wasn't exactly a walk in the park. Most demigods have a scent that attracts monsters and seems to shout Hey come and eat me you big ugly beast! She knew that her own scent was fairly weak. Even Grover only really noticed it when they were in the city, something that he reminded the girl of almost every weekend. He thought that it would help them get closer to figuring out who her godly parent was, but Maggie knew that it wasn't that simple.

Once her ADHD brain finally arrived back to the important matter, Percy's demigodishness, Grover had already made his way toward Mr. Brunner. She assumed that he was simply informing Chiron of Percy's whereabouts, something that had been happening more and more throughout the year.

A small part of her hoped that Percy was a demigod. Then, the two of them would be able to keep hanging out and having fun. She knew it was selfish, being a demigod would only result in monsters and tragedy. Still. She was dreading the end of the year, wishing that by some miracle that she and Percy would continue attending school together. It would all depend on what their parents believed was best for them. Or at least what Mrs. Jackson probably thought was best for Percy. Her father didn't care much about what happened to her.

Once Percy finally made his way out of the museum, the rain started. As Percy continued to walk, he pulled his hood over his head. He instantly regretted it when the action made him realize that the appearance form Mrs. Dodds had resulted in him forgetting to actually give the hoodie to Maggie. Grover had pulled a map of the museum over his head, hoping that it would help a bit. However, thanks to Percy, Maggie was left to shiver in her soaked green sweater and flowery skirt. Her yellow hat was clenched tightly in her hands, the only sign that let Percy know that she was actually acknowledging the water and the cold. He knew that there was an inevitable cold that would appear to torture them all.

"I hope Mrs. Kerr whipped your but!" Nancy called making Percy freeze for a few seconds.

"Who?"

'Our teacher, duh." Nancy rolled her eyes as she walked away from the group. She made a nasty comment about how Maggie's insanity was affecting her "friend's." Grover and Maggie had to work together to keep Percy from attacking the girl. Once he had finally calmed down enough, he asked the question that had started the dose of anger in the first place.

"Seriously though, guys, who the heck is Mrs. Kerr? Where's Mrs. Dodds?"

Maggie opened her mouth to respond that she had been in the museum with Percy, only to be on the receiving end of a certain satyr's jab to his friend's stomach. She doubled over, allowing Grover to answer instead.

"Who?"

"Not funny man. This is serious."

Maggie didn't understand what was happening.

Seeing her confused face, Percy dropped the subject and offered to share his hoodie umbrella services for free until they got back on the bus. He thought that she was worried about the whole Mrs. Dodds and Mrs. Kerr mixup. However, the thing that she couldn't get out of her mind was the question of Why would Grover lie to Percy.