27

The alarm of the institute blared alarming all of the Shadowhunters of yet another attack on one of their own

The alarm of the institute blared alarming all of the Shadowhunters of yet another attack on one of their own. It had been chaos all day, Shadowhunters were dropping dead with their runes carved out.

"What happened?" Sarah wondered, walking to where Clary, Jace, and Alec were, Clary sighed answering the brunette, "We found Rosegreen and Penmount dead in the Bowery. Runes carved out."

Shadowhunters wheeled the dead bodies on the stretchers hurrying to examine the dead for a sign to know who their killers were, Sarah frowned as she watched the bodies that were bloodied from having the runes on their body removed, it looked like it was some type of revenge, "Penmount's been drained by a vampire." Alec said pulling Sarah out of her thoughts.

"And Rosegreen was lanced by a Seelie knight." Jace added crossing his arms in front of his chest looking at his friends trying to make sense of the killings, "It's not just a lone wolf. It's multiple Downworlders."

"Luke was right all along. These Downworlders want revenge. This could be the start of an uprising." Clary started glancing at the Shadowhunters with a wistful gaze.

Imogen stood on the speaking loudly for all the Shadowhunter that gathered in the OPs center, "Another Shadowhunter was found dead last night in Williamsburg. This time, murdered by a warlock. In this time of crisis, it is essential that we maintain strong leadership. That is why I am naming Jace Herondale head of the Institute, effective upon my departure to Idris. Dismissed."

Jace clenched his jaw while Alec was restraining himself from saying a remark about the Inquisitor's decision, Imogen glanced at the brunette waving her hand to get her attention, "Sarah, I need to talk to you alone." She announced before walking straight to her office.

Sarah shared a look with her friends before hurrying to the Inquisitor's office with a frown on her face, "Yes." she said putting her hands together in front of her,  Imogen handed the brunette a file, "Your first assignment."

Sarah's face creased, she opened the file slowly skimming over it quickly before looking up at Imogen, "You want me to get a sample of Magnus' hair?"

Imogen rested her back on the chair not taking her eyes off of the brunette who looked at her with a questioning gaze, "With what's going on with our people out there, The downworlders could leading another Uprising."

Sarah rolled her eyes, she didn't believe the Inquisitor who always had it out for her since the beginning, "Well, there's no need to test Magnus. He didn't do it." Sarah said throwing the file on the desk dejectedly

"Is that his girlfriend talking or the Clave's soldier?"

The brunette scowled, "Does it matter? He was tortured, do you think he has time to attack Shadowhunters and carve their runes out?"

Imogen shrugged as if she could care less about Sarah's opinion in the matter, "If he's innocent then you should have no problem proving it. And do us all a favor and separate your emotions from work, they're after all nothing but a distraction."