eighteen

After what happened between JJ and you, you kept your distance. You guys had found the Royal Merchant shipwreck, but no gold, this left everyone in an every more miserable mood. You all decided to go back home. Before you left to go back to John B's, you heard JJ call you from behind you.

"John B, I'll meet you at your house," you say, and he nods. 

"Y/n!" JJ yells again. You turn around to see him running towards you.

"What JJ?" You ask tiredly, running a hand through your hair.

"Let me explain, okay?" He says quickly. You nod.

"Go along then"

"Look, I was stressed okay? I had just gotten into a fight with my dad before, and I took it out on you. And yes, it's been hard ever since you got beaten up. I don't blame you, it's just, I'm not good at comforting and I don't know how to help you. I don't know y/n... just please don't break up with me. Being with you has been the best thing that has happened to me... please forgive me," JJ says, pulling at his hair. He has never been good with words and you knew this, so you pulled him in for a hug.

"Jay, I'm sorry if I'm clingy. Just after the fight I just only feel safe with you, it's just been hard. And have I really changed that much? I'm still your best friend right...?" You whisper in his neck.

"Yes, babe, of course. If anything we have gotten closer. You will always be my best friend, let me make it up to you, okay? Um get into a nice dress and meet me at the beach at 7." He smiles, before kissing you. You kiss him back, then pull away.

"Okay." Smiling, you turn away and run off, jumping onto John B's boat.

-

-

-

As you were about to get into the shower, to prepare for your date with JJ, he texted you. You smiled stupidly at your phone, opening up the text. 

'Dress regularly now, we're gonna go to the outdoor movie with Pope and Kie'

You frown. Is he joking? Yeah, way to make it up to you. You decided to text him back. 

Wtf JJ? I thought we would be having a date night. You were supposed to make it up to me

Babe I'm sorry I'll make it up another time 

K. Go spend time with them, I'm not coming. 

Y/n don't act like this I said I was sorry

Y/n please

baby 

read 5:23

How dare he? Is this a joke to him? So, he decides to talk shit about you, tell you you'll make it up, and then go change plans to go hang with Pope and Kiara? Hell no. 

-

You were currently laying on your couch, in sweats and a hoodie, your hair in a messy bun, eating a tub of ice cream. Mascara was running down your cheeks, as you had been crying, wondering what you did wrong. 

You loved him. Love. What a crazy word and feeling. You love JJ, and would've told him tonight if he didn't change plans and hurt you. Yes, you could've been being overdramatic but it still hurt. A lot.