Chapter 8 - Don't struggle

As Rex stood there sucking the blood off his thumb, Evie squirmed in her seat.

Rex abruptly grabbed the back of her chair and lowered his face. "Although I'm not against shedding a little blood," he started while stroking her cheek, "You still need to be punished for misbehaving."

He reached for the knife. "Don't struggle," he warned, pointing it at her. "Accept your punishment. Try and resist and it'll get worse.."

Her legs were shaking as he swiftly cut through the cable ties and yanked her to her feet. He spun her around, her sprained ankle throbbing in protest, and secured her hands behind her back with another cable tie.

He took her seat and she was pulled forward to fall onto his lap. She tried to wiggle her way off but the feeling of the knife against her back caused her to freeze.

She took a slow, deep breath and with a great deal of effort, forced herself to lay perfectly still. The knife lingered for a few seconds before retracting. She heard a ripping sound as Rex cut through her shorts, leaving her in her underwear.

The sharp sting of Rex's hand slapping her ass caused her to yelp.

She felt his body tense as soon as the sound escaped her lips. Her body unintentionally tried to retreat away from him, nearly slipping from his lap. His large hand dragged her back causing her side to collide with his hard abs.

As she was delivered another hard slap, she pursed her lips together to stop crying out.

"Now, tell me what we've learnt, Kitten."

Slap.

"What do we need to do?"

Slap.

"Behave.." She squeaked.

Slap.

The searing pain had her clenching her teeth. She counted 10 slaps in total before he finally released her hands and rolled her over so that she was sitting in his lap.

She was panting as he played with a strand of her hair as he had earlier. She felt sick as she recognised the look of contentment in his eyes.

He suddenly rose to his feet, carrying her in his arms. "Time for bed," he announced while heading towards the stairs.

He laughed at the terrified look she shot him. "Don't look so worried. I don't have the energy to maintain control of the body and get frisky with you at the same time."

She felt her body sag in relief at his comment. As he carried her up the stairs she struggled to keep her eyes open.

She allowed herself to be placed on the bed and have the covers pulled over her. Her eyes were already closed when she felt his hard body slip in behind her and wrap her in his arms. She was too tired to protest and surprisingly found comfort in his embrace. She briefly remembered wondering if her family were still looking for her before she succumbed to sleep.

.....

The feeling of the cold morning air hitting her skin startled Evie awake.

She immediately reached for the covers to shield her exposed body but recoiled as she was met by her captor's hazel eyes.

She shifted her weight and prepared to leap from the bed, but was gently grabbed by her wrist.

"What.. did he do to you?" Branton asked, his voice laced with concern and shock.

As soon as he had removed the covers, Branton had been racked with guilt at the sight of her. Evie was covered with injuries, ranging from the previous bruises on her neck and swollen ankle to the newer lacerations on her wrists and ankles.

Branton narrowed his eyes at the thought of Him stripping his innocent girl down to her underwear.

Evie nervously fiddled with her hair, unintentionally exposing her neck. She was shocked to hear a loud yell escape from Branton's lips at the sight of the rather large, red love bite on her neck.

She flinched as his hand cupped her cheek. "Did he..?" He asked, devastation displayed on his face.

She avoided his gaze and slowly shook her head. "No."

He released a breath while bowing his head and burying his face in his hands. "I'm so sorry Evie."

She looked at him with disgust but forced herself to bite her tongue.

"It's not your fault. You warned me about what could happen and I didn't listen," she reassured, while reluctantly resting her hand on his shoulder.

Branton looked up at her with such pity she was taken aback. He grabbed the covers and pulled them over her body. "I'll go prepare breakfast. You stay here and rest."

Not like she had a choice.

Tears streamed down her face as he shut the door and the locks clicked in place.