Chapter 20

"Ron, let's go to the Chamber! That's where Basilisk Venom is," Hermione yelled, running away with Ron by her side towards the Chamber of Secrets. They had just escaped from the Room of Requirement, barely escaping the spells from the Death Eaters. Ron held his wand out while Hermione held the Hufflepuff cup against her chest. 

"Mione, it's over here!" Ron yelled, turning the other way from Hermione. 

"Ron, I know where it is! It's over here!" She countered, her face filled with sweat and her hair a mess around her head. 

Ron debated whether or not to argue with Hermione but one look at Hermione's stern look made Ron's answer. He followed Hermione down the steps shouting a few spells at some of the Death Eaters. They ran down the many flights of stairs, dodging students and curses on their way. 

"Expelliarmus!" Ron yelled, disarming a death eater that was going to harm Hermione. 

"Thanks!" Hermione gratified, running down a couple of more steps with Ron behind her. 

A few moments later they were deep in the chamber where Ron's younger sister was possessed a couple of years ago. Ron stood, fixed his eyes on the skeleton of the Basilisk at the end of the chamber. Hermione observed the water that was engulfing the place they were in, like a single swallow. They bolted towards the skeleton, the murky water chasing them from behind. 

"Ron! Pass me it!" Hermione yelled, extending her free arm towards Ron. She bent on the smooth floor, pinning the Hufflepuff cup on the smooth ground. She was urgently looking at Ron. He was forcing his foot at the bottom of the skeleton that was a gross yellow color, grabbing the bones of the ribcage. There was a snap and he quickly ran to Hermione holding a Basilisk rib in his hand. 

"Here," Ron said, giving her the bone. 

She took a deep breath and gripped the bone with both her hands over her head. She took one last look at the sea of dirty water and plunged the venom onto the cup, releasing flashes of light everywhere. It was destroyed. 

"Ow!" Harry yelled, coming to a halt and placing a hand on his head. 

"What happened, Harry?" You asked, casting a defensive charm to one of the dark wizards aiming their way towards the both of you. 

Harry squinted and made another grunt before saying, "They destroyed it. I...I feel it." 

You didn't know what to say but that didn't matter, soon the both of you continued on the journey to go to the Room of Requirement.

"We should probably go before the waves-" Ron started, running with Hermione towards the end of the chamber. There was a passageway to escape the water, but it was too late. They were swallowed by the waves before they could run just a few more steps towards safety. Dripping from head to toe, they stared at each other, a soft grin on Ron's face. "Get at us," he continued defeatedly. Hermione chuckled, moving some of the hair on her face back. 

"You did amazing," Ron complimented, a little soft pink on his ears and neck. 

"Thanks," Hermione replied, grinning slightly. 

Ron's eyebrows dropped and he inched his hand to Hermione's face. There was a lock of her hair licked on her face and Ron moved it delicately. "You had a little-something, there," he said, moving his hand quickly onto his side. Hermione blushed and that was when they couldn't contain their feelings for each other. 

Hermione pulled towards Ron, her arms to her sides before caressing his face and kissing him. Ron held her, his broad arms wrapping Hermione as to protect her. They passionately kissed, their heads dripping with the water but they didn't care, they were finally doing what they wanted to do since the fourth year.