Chapter ten

Alexandra Watson

I felt rather cheerful walking home after having coffee with Jackson. It had been nice to actually have a friend I could talk to. Since Jeremy and I became a thing everything had changed. I suddenly didn't feel like I could tell him everything that was on my mind. And on top of that I'd been feeling more lonely than usual after our relationship status changed. But with Jackson I didn't feel the loneliness, with him it vanished like it was never there in the first place. He made me feel whole, and that's how I knew he was going to be a great friend. 

I walked up the path to my house and saw Jeremy's car in the driveway. He was here earlier than I'd expected. Inside was my mom standing in kitchen, looking rather disappointed. I ignored her glare and sat down at the kitchen island. 

"Hey, where's Jeremy?" 

"He's upstairs in your room" She answered rather cold.

"Okay then" I was about to leave, thinking that the conversation was over, when she started lecturing me. 

"Alexandra why are you meeting with other guys when Jeremy is your boyfriend? Have you any idea how hurtful that is?"

"I met with a friend? And why are you interfering?"

"Because you are about to ruin the best thing in your life and your future along with it!"

I shook my head and went upstairs without answering her. Why did she think, that she could be judge of what the best thing in my life was. She didn't get me or understood how I was feeling. I was sick of her planning my life for me. I often wondered why she couldn't see me for who I truly was. But on the other hand I barely knew who I was or who I wanted to be. 

I stopped before entering my room, took a deep breath, and turned the door knob. Jeremy was sitting on my bed but he didn't look up when I entered. I dropped my bag on the floor and sat down on the bed besides him. 

"Hey" I said stroking his hair. "Are you okay?"

"I just don't understand why you suddenly have a guy friend I didn't know anything about"

"I met him last time I went out with Astrid, he is really nice. I think you would like him" I said and tried sending him a little smile. 

I hadn't told him or anybody else about what else happened that night. So as far as Jeremy knew, Jackson was only a guy I'd met in a bar. 

"Why do you need another guy-friend Alexa? Am I not enough for you?" What was he talking about? He made it sound like my whole world should revolve around him. I didn't recognise this side of him. 

"Stop being jealous Jer. I thought you would be happy for me, I actually found another person who gets me. Why would you want me to give that up?" 

I stood up and walked over to the window. The sun was setting and the most beautiful colours spread across the sky. If Jeremy and I were to be together for the rest of our lives, he needed to let me have other friends and not go bitching to my mother about it. He never could keep his mouth shut around her. 

Jeremy sighed, walked over to the window, and put his arms around me. 

"You're right. It's none of my business who you want to be friends with. I'm sure he's great, but if he tries anything you need to tell me"

"I will, but he wont try anything. I promise"

"Hmm.." Jeremy mumbled and pulled me closer into a slow kiss. 

It felt nice but not groundbreaking. Maybe it was just supposed to feel like this. He drew back and we looked each other in the eyes. He tucked my hair behind my ear and rested his hand on my cheek. He pulled me closer and kissed me on the forehead.