Chapter 12- Old "friends"

C H A P T E R  1 2

O L D  F R I E N D S

"There are 7 billion, 47 million people on this planet and I have the audacity to think I matter"

Song- oceans; Seafret

Marlee

I'm angry. Scratch that, I'm beyond angry.

At least 100 teens are either in the water or on the grass dancing, swimming and drinking. Serena had the entire party started in less than 5 minutes of being here.

Theo and Asher are already drunk, Cameron is tipsy and sucking face in the water with Serena. Brianna left the second the party started to head to work even though she still had an hour before her shift.

Addie was making out with a random girl on the grass and Miles was talking to some people with a drink in his hands. I leaned against Cameron's truck annoyed.

I asked him if we could leave but Serena cut me off calling me some names and dragging Cam away. Theo was way too drunk to drive and I stupidly drunk an entire drink.

That and I don't have a license. Driving at night is fine since there's no other cars on the road and the cops aren't really out but during the day is way to risky.

"Marlee! Come swim!" Theo slurs bumping into the car.

"I'm good" I reply dryly taking another sip of my drink.

"Oh yeah, you don't like parties" he comments. "I forgot why but I'm pretty sure it was important." He shrugs before seeing someone playing beer pong. "I got to go! I love you" he kisses my forehead before running away.

A couple hours later the sun was setting and I was ready to gauge my eyes out. My main priority was making sure Connor and Grayson didn't drink anything.

They were busy playing football with a group of drunk dudes so I sat alone staring out in the water. All my senses were heightened. The last party I willingly went to was the worst night of my life.

You would think that Cameron would know better than to throw one. He was there. I get he didn't actually throw it but he didn't protest when Serena did.

Flashbacks of the room drifting away, not being able to stand up or walk away, a harsh slap to my cheek. All of them run through my head and more. I feel my chest tighten as I try to think of a way to leave.