Chapter 5- Distractions, Distractions.

Edited.

This isn't good. Excuses and explanations rushed through her flustered head yet she didn't get any words out.

The looks from her brothers didn't do anything to calm her nerves either. All their eyes had darkened, all of them.

She had to look away because maybe, just maybe, her watching the television will convince them to leave her alone.

She was counting how many seconds it took before someone spoke. She got to seventy-seven seconds of just pure silence before someone said something- correction yelled.

"What the fuck is that?" Silas came closer from his place.

"Who gave you that?" Ezra was not so much leaning against the wall anymore.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Callan was still right above her, still gripping on her jumper.

"Who, love?" Zach pulled her arm closer to have a better look.

"Oh my god, have they been checked out?" Brayden made his way over to Callan's left to also look better.

Zaiden was up from the rounded chair and over Zach's shoulder, using his hand to see it better too, "who the fuck-"

Brynn struggled to be released, her face looking like she was a second away from breaking down. They knew. God-dammit they knew. Let me go.

"Brynn." Zayne.

In spite of the rest of the commotion in the room, Zayne's simple one worded sentence had all the girl's undivided attention within one millisecond.

He was making his way over to the couch. Please don't.

He went around the end of it. I don't want to talk about it.

He came in front of her and crouched down. Please go away.

She couldn't look anywhere other than him as he asked the question she didn't want him to ask. "How did you get them bruises on your shoulder, Brynn?"

"I just ran into the door a few days ago, I told you."

"A door couldn't do that," Zaiden stated, pulling her shoulder further into the back of the couch so the marks were clearer for everyone to see. Brynn flinched and now the only sound in the living room was heavy breathing, most of it hers.

She didn't so much as have the backbone to look her brothers in their faces so she, very courageously, fixed her gaze on her fingers as she intertwined them in and out repeatedly.

She could hear some slight whispering and some aggravated comments from a few of them until the presences around her disappeared. Footsteps went around the couch and she was made to look up; expecting Zayne only to see Callan.

He looked hurt, but not mad. Maybe he doesn't think much of it. He gave her a sad smile and brought her up from where she was sat. She wasn't too sure what he was doing but was far too nervous to protest and just let him guide her out the living room.

Before they made it out the door she took a sneaky glance back at the room only to see it was empty. Oh, she breathed out in relief. They weren't dwelling on it, thank god.

Callan walked them up to her room and into the bathroom. "Get ready for bed, okay hun?" he wasn't asking.

He left closing the door behind him, leaving the girl to stare in the mirror for a few minutes. Brynn adjusted the jumper collar, covering the exposed skin.

After brushing her teeth, she remained in front of the door for a while not knowing whether or not she should go in. What if Callan was still there?