26 | The Bird Is Free From The Cage

TW: Suicide

TW: Suicide

L O R E N Z O

"Marco, did you get it?"

Marco glared at me, throwing the thick folder onto my desk. I had asked him to find anything and everything about Catalina's life with that pig. I didn't want any detail left out; I wanted to know everything that he did to her.

"Why can't you just wait until she's ready? This is her story."

"Remember your place, Marco." I didn't need him to guilt me into not finding out what she went through. That fucker was in the basement of one of my warehouses and I needed to know just exactly what he did so that he could get the death that he deserved.

"Well, what exactly did her uncle do to her?"

"Lorenzo, it's bad, so fucking bad," he groaned into his hands, pacing back and forth in front of me.

"And I don't have all fucking day, say it," I snapped.

"He would beat her every single day, make her his maid, and he completely brainwashed the poor girl. There was a period of time where she wasn't allowed to leave the house for a year! Do you see the way she flinches and stutters? She's been sheltered her whole life." I had to unbutton the first two buttons of my shirt and loosen my tie because of how the rage I was feeling made my body bubble with heat.

"How isn't she a fucking psychopath after all that?" I flicked through the pages in the folder, my head shaking in disbelief at how somebody could treat someone as sweet as her like this.

"How bad were the beatings?"

Marco sucked his teeth, "the ER was basically her second home."

I shot up to my feet, grabbing both of my guns and fixing them in the waistband of my pants. Completely ignoring Marcos questions, I pushed past him and jogged up to my room.

Catalina was standing right by the bed, not acknowledging the fact that I had walked in the room.

"Catalina." I tried to sound as calm as possible.

She didn't look at me and all I could hear were soft sniffles. The fuck? I rushed up towards her, concerned, and made her face me.

"Good?"

She gently pushed my hands away from her and grabbed Captain whatever the fuck his name is and walked away from me. Now I definitely know somethings wrong.