26

☾

Katherine waves at Bella as the human girl peeks out of her window, watching the two vampires who are standing in the shadows of the trees, hiding out of sight from others. It was the twins turn to guard her house, it was like a scheduled normal now that some were not the most pleased with (Rosalie) but had to be done and so far it had been effective in calming a lot of worries. The Williams twins keep their gaze on their surroundings with their ears open and body alert, if anything unknown came to attack they would be ready. They always were.

It was already an hour in and no sign of anyone except Bella and a few rabbits prancing past them proudly as if they knew that If the twins weren't guarding Bella they'd be a quick snack for them. Kol had made it his mission to find the little hoppers and strangle that proudness out of them, Katherine Ofcourse had slapped him for being so cruel.

They didn't have to guard her for long
as Edward was going to come pick her up soon but they had to stay till the Wolves decide to show up, which they were late to doing. Stupid mutts.

"Do you think it's Victoria? Behind this?" Kol whispers to his sister, his eyes catching Bella's before she moves away from the window with a small wave in their direction. The girl looks sad that they have to protect her but she was the safest she'd ever felt with Katherine watching over her, it was strange that it was only Katherine she felt as though she could truly relax and not have to worry about being killed. Not even Edward made her feel that safe.

"I'm most certain, I also think she has something to do with the Seattle attacks" Katherines words send off a light bulb in her twins head, Katherine had always been the smartest person in most situations and this time no different, she had picked up on every little detail and was following patterns. Not that anyone listened to her but they would when it was too late. As per usual.

"It's obvious isn't it. The disappearances, the burning buildings, Victoria not having any recent decisions" Katherine knew what was happening in this situation, she had been trying to tell Edward but even with all the proof she had he still thought the volturi were behind it. But this wasn't their style, they needed full blown dramatic confrontation in person. They'd never settle for newborns attacking no no they'd confront you themselves on some snowy clearing that made them look even more like death as the crisp whiteness contrasts with their discoloured skin. It was all about creating a scene with them.

"It's exactly what happened with Maurice. Disappearances and murders, buildings being destroyed and fires being lit to hide evidence and bodies. It's an army. A newborn army" Katherines words sent a shiver down kol's spine. Of course, how had he not picked up on this sooner? They had lived this exact life, this was the modern version of what happened to them, it was exactly the same.