Chapter 17

As predicted, I wake in the morning, look in the mirror to see bruises upon bruises.

Even though I seen it coming, does not mean I wasn't shocked. I nearly screamed at my image.

Half my face was sore from the slap and just in my hairline was a deep purple bruise from the impact of the wall.

My shoulder was sore and blue, as well as my hip. My elbow, although not marked, still hurts like a bitch to move. So pretty much my whole left side.

I have tiny brown/blue bruises on my waist where he was holding me, no doubt because of how much I struggled.

I really don't want to go to school today but I've had too many days off already and I only started 4 weeks ago.

I showered for an hour, scrubbing until my whole body was red.

I feel so disgusting, I feel dirty. The fact that he was touching me. It wasn't exactly what you may call in an 'inappropriate way', he didn't touch me...in 'bad places'. But it was the fact that he had his hands on me.

The little bruises on my waist from his fingers make me sick. I can see exactly where he was holding me, each finger.

The worst thing is, I have Science today. It's my last lesson of the day and I'm terrified he's going to keep me behind. I have to get Becks to stay back with me somehow.

I want Oliver so bad. He makes me feel safe and happy but Mr Kyle told me to stay away.

I hate myself for crying in front of him. I hate myself for being so weak. I hate myself for letting him comfort me. I hate myself for giving up the fight. I hate that I let him call me all those stupid 'pet names'. I hate everything about how I acted.

I feel so exposed because I know he has pictures of me, pictures that are of me naked, I don't know to what extent but he's seen me.

He's seen my body. My legs, chest, stomach, breasts. That picture, I was only wearing underpants. What if he's seen all of me?

I feel so sick thinking about it. He's been watching me for weeks without me knowing. He's been taking pictures of me for weeks without me knowing.

That night I heard a click, I knew it was a camera. I knew it!

The tears start to well up but this time I refuse to cry about it so I choke them back down. I can't keep thinking about it all, every time I do I get more and more terrified.

I get dressed and make my way to school.

The whole day has been normal so far, Becks hasn't quizzed me on why I wasn't in Art which is surprising since she's a naturally nosey person.

I told her Miss Lotts and Mr Kyles names. That seemed to distract her enough to leave me alone for the time being.

———

Last lesson.

Science with Mr Kyle.

I've been dreading it all day. I came up with a teeny plan. I asked Becks to get ice cream with me after school and that I was paying.

She can't resist food. But the place I chose to go to shuts at 4, meaning she will be very persistent on leaving dead on 3:15 when the bell goes.

Since I asked her in Art, she hasn't stopped going on about it. Unfortunately, she's invited boys to come along. This includes Oliver.

I make my way up the horridly steep steps that lead to Mr Kyles classroom on the second floor. My hip starts hurting really bad as I walk, I hit the wall pretty hard on it.