Gone with the Wind //Pt1

Summary: Tony was in a coma throughout FFH but everyone thought he was dead. When he wakes up everything has changed.

Yes I still haven't started requests... I'm gonna start after I've finished this mini series.

-------------------------------------

Tony had been asleep for a long time. When he woke up, Morgan and Pepper were at his side. He was in a safe house in miami, and had been for the last year. 

The world believed he was dead, only the main avengers knew that he had survived, and that he had been in a coma all this time.

On the second night since he woke up, he asked Pepper something that had been on his mind for a while. "Hey, honey?"
"Yea Tony?" Pepper replied.
"Is Peter ok?" Pepper sucked in a breath.

"What is it?" Tony asked, worried now. "Is he ok? Did he get hurt?" 

"Tony." Pepper interupted him. "Peter....went bad. He killed someone. He killed a hero."

Tony's eyes widened. "Wha -no! He would never do that!" 

Pepper sighed. "I guess he was suffering inside. He must have cracked."

Tony shook his head, he couldn't believe this. He knew Peter would never kill anyone, he didn't like killing spiders for christs sake!

"Where is he now?" Tony asked, praying the boy was still alive.

"He disapeared when his identity was revealed. Now I need to get to Morgan, goodnight Tony." And Pepper walked out.

Tony silently cursed himself. His identity was outed? He killed someone? He's missing? He wanted to ask Pepper more about it, but it was clear that it was a sensitive topic. 

---------------------------------------------

When Tony was fully better, he began to research more into Peters case.

He started by watching all spiderman footage since the war, he didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Just Peter helping out people with little things.

Next he checked his school files. His grades were normal, a little above average but nothing amazing.
It tugged at his heartstrings when he saw he hadn't been to school for at least 3 months. He had gone missing.

Tony hacked into the police, FBI, SWORD, SHIELD and all the other organisations. They all said the same thing. Spiderman was in London, there was a monster, and he killed mysterio, the hero who was trying to save everyone.

The evidence was there, Peter must have done it. But why? There had to be more to the story.

He didn't like this mysterio person at all, he had revealed Peters identity. That would ruin Peters life.

He decided to research more into mysterio. Apparently, he had appeared a while ago, fighting off some monster. Nick Fury and Maria Hill (who were also missing) had recruited him. According to the news, he was from a different dimension and these elemental monters destroyed his universe or something sappy like that.
Tony didn't believe him for a second.

He spent hours pouring all over the files and news from the last few months. He recognised something about mysterio, he felt like he'd seen him before. But that was impossible. Was it?

"Fri, can you get a face match for mysterio?" Friday was quiet for a second, then spoke up.
"Match found. Mysterio is otherwise known as Quentin Beck, he is an ex employee of stark industries. He helped with the creation of BARF. You fired him."

Tony swore loudly.
A different dimension my ass. He thought.

-------------------------------------------

The next day, he told Pepper he was going for a walk, disguised with a cap and sunglasses so nobody would recognise him and realise he was alive.

He got in his car and drove to an address he had tracked down.

He arrived at a small suburban house with a red painted door and a neatly tended garden.
Tony got out of the car and walked up to the red door, ringing the doorbell.

After about a minute, the door opened ever so slightly and a man peeked out.

"Tony?"