𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━

The Summer had come to an end quicker than it had arrived. Fall had drawn nearer and nearer. The colors becoming gold and red that carpeted the grass. In every breath, autumn resided in every soul, the feeling of nature flowing back and forth. It is a time for the spirits to dance through the hearth that energizing earthiness somehow anchors yet propels.

Every minute Rory spent in the warmth from the sun was the most she had felt like herself in years. Previously, she didn't even know there was a part of her missing, as more lies upon lies were being piled up onto her conscious. But now she knows what true care feels like, she decided, she would do anything to protect those she loved.

Rebekah had now been around for a while, and it was just like Rory had another friend. She had grown to care more for these vampires than she had her own brothers. If that's what she should even call them.

The five of them were all together in a room. Elijah sat in a chair, his legs crossed, looking out the window, seemingly analyzing the outdoors, Klaus stood, staring at himself in the mirror, fixing his hair, and Rory sat in between both Rebekah and Katherine, trying to get them to talk after once more having a pointless argument.

"I'm thinking it is time we need to head back into town to pay a visit to some old friends." Klaus told them, turning around. And when he saw the skeptical looks of everyone's face, he elaborated. "We need the coffins, we need Elena's blood. Two birds with one stone."

"What do you suppose to do, if your plan doesn't work out, Niklaus?" Elijah inquired as he folded his hands with the other. Honestly, the man wanted nothing more than to find the coffins of his two other siblings. Scratch that- if there was one thing he wanted just as much, it was to get Rory's memories back, and he didn't want Klaus' spontaneous bursts of anger to mess them up in anyway.

"Well, we can just take the doppelganger, and then torture information out of the Salvatore's themselves. Seems simple enough." Klaus shrugged nonchalantly.

"Can I be the one to take Elena out. I want to see her face when she knows she's done for," Katherine piped in, making Rebekah turn her head and nod it in approval. She never met the Gilbert girl in person before, but the group she was with all had said a few words about her.

And once Klaus knew the fellow vampires were on board with the plan he had set, all four of them turned to face Rory, awaiting her response.

"Let's save our family," Said Rory, a look on her face that showed nothing but determination.