𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐢𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐒𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 (𝟏)

Pairings: Dream x Reader
Warnings: None
Pronouns: They/them

——————————

"Dreaam?"A familiar voice hummed into his ears as he began to flutter his eyes open to the blurry view of a person stood in front of him. Light flooded his vision and his entire view was hazed. "Are you awake..?"

"Huh?" He grumbled slightly, moving his hand up to rub his eyes gently.

"Good morning!" They called out with a happy smile once they saw that he had been awoken. Dream furrowed his brows at the character arched over his bed staring back at him.

"Wh..." He cut himself off to adjust his vision. "(Y/n)..?" The blurred view got less and less blurred, allowing the face of the one he loved to appear right before his eyes.

"Hello!" They greeted kindly.

"Wh... What's happening?" He murmured lowly, adjusting himself away from the pillow, still having to get used to the light.

"You're waking up, I believe." They shrugged, still smiling.

"Waking up...?" He muttered. "Where am I? Are we at your place?" He questioned, his head darting around the area. This certainly wasn't a place that he recognised. (Y/n)'s house didn't look like this the last time he visited and this certainly wasn't what Dream's house looked like.

"Technically..? I guess?" (Y/n) pressed their lips together in slight confusion to look around with him, their head tilting back to face him every few seconds to make sure that they were following the same line of sight.

"What?!" He snapped in surprise, causing (Y/n) to jump a little. "What am I doing at your place?!

"What are you talking about..?" (Y/n) was getting concerned now. They narrowed their eyes at him with a worried glare.

"Why am I waking up in your house! ...In your bed?!" He stammered, grasping onto the sheets and turning around quickly to inspect the area. He didn't find much, is what he would say if he was lying. Almost every part of the room was dedicated with references to them. There were photos and polaroids on the wall to add some colour to the room, which was flooded with light from the outside window that hung above the mattress.

"...You mean in our house and in our bed..." (Y/n) responded in a corrective tone, their brows furrowing.

"Huh?" He murmured, holding onto the ends of the bedspread.

"Dream, are you alright?" (Y/n) began softly, holding their hand up to Dream's head so that they could run their hand through his hair. "Did you hit your head or something in the middle of the night?" They asked, stroking his scalp to feel for any bumps that could indicate a loss of memory.

"Not that I remember..." He reached for their hand, cupping his hand over theirs and pulling it away from his head. It's not that he didn't like the comfort, it just didn't feel right.

"You're acting really weird..." (Y/n) uttered, lowering their palms to lean against the side of the mattress, locking eyes with Dream as they did so.

"I just... I feel like there's been some weird glitch in my brain." He replied, scratching his head.

"What do you mean?"

"...Like... This isn't where I'm supposed to wake up..." He shook his head slowly.

"...Where were you supposed to wake up?" (Y/n) shot him a suspicious glance.

"My own bed?" He tensed his shoulders, his hands digging into the blankets to scour his eyes across the area.