1:TWELVE

▪︎

▪︎

As Vienna walked into her dorm, she found Natia half leaning over Adrianne as she tried to attack her with a makeup brush.

"Uh what's going on here?" Vienna questioned with a laugh as she headed towards the door of her room and pulled the strap of her bag off her shoulder.

"Help!" Addi exclaimed as she dodged Natia again, comically flailing her arms about. "She's trying to put glitter on my face!"

"Hey I think glitter will be a great addition to your outfit." Natia protested.

Vienna leaned through the doorway and threw her bag on her bed, quickly checked her appearance in the mirror, then walked out of the room again.

"Is that what you're wearing?" Bex questioned as she walked out of her own room and eyed Vienna's outfit with a raised brow.

"I'm not going to the party. You guys have fun though."

"Why not," Natia pouted as she drew her arm back, Adri quickly escaping from the girl's death grip. "Apparently it's a lot of fun! Especially since the adults don't know about it and there'll be lots of alcohol."

Vienna let out a laugh as she turned towards the girl, who seemed to have given up on trying to attack Adrianne with glitter. "I assure you that the teachers know, Nat. My dad created the annual tradition when he was a student."

The other girls gaped their mouths as they processed her words. "He just became ten times cooler in my eyes." Natia let out, her eyes still wide.

"If only you knew how strange he is," Vienna revealed as she moved to leave the dorm. "I'll see you guys later." With a small wave she began to walk down the long corridor in an attempt to find the man in question.

🗡🗡🗡

After searching high and low for her father, she finally found him in the main courtyard with Farah and Professor Harvey, all sitting around a table as they laughed in unison.

"Seriously?" she questioned as walked towards the table and pulled out a seat for herself. "I thought you were supposed to be resting," she stated as she pointed an accusing finger at her father.

"Sue me," he responded with a shrug as he leaned back in his chair. "What are you doing here anyway?" he questioned with a brow. "It's the Annual Specialists Party. You should be there to carry on the Silva tradition."

"I'm here to stop you doing something dumb. Like.." she grabbed the bottle of alcohol and pulled it away from her father's reach. ".. drinking when you're supposed to be resting. Aren't you supposed to be babysitting him Professor Harvey?"

The other man shrugged slightly. "There's no stopping your father when he puts his mind to something."

"Oh come on Vienna." Silva spoke. "You're sixteen. You're supposed to be partying with your friends not worrying about your dear old dad."

The girl simply rolled her eyes. "At least you admitted you're old." She leaned forward slightly and eyed the map laid across the table in interest. "How's the search going? You promised to give me updates."

"I'll tell you later-"

"Marco is leading the charge," Farah cut off, causing Silva to grumble slightly as Vienna stuck out her tongue at him in victory. "They're getting close, but they cut off communication a few minutes ago to remain focused. They think they'll get to the Burned One by the morning."

Vienna frowned slightly. "Will that be soon enough? The wound is already starting to grow quicker, what if-"

"Vienna," Silva cut off. "It'll be okay. We just need to trust them to get the job done." The girl huffed slightly but nodded to show she understood. "Now, about that party."

"Alright, alright i'll go," she gave in as she stood up. "But only if you promise to stop being so stubborn and to take it easy from now on. And no more drinking! Not until you're healed."

"You got it," he responded with an unconvincing nod. "Now go and find that blonde boyfriend of yours."

"Dad!" she exclaimed in embarrassment as she flushed red.

Farah gaped her mouth as her eyes found Vienna's. "You guys are dating already? I thought it would take another year."

"Another-" Vienna spluttered in shock. "Auntie F!" Vienna exclaimed, "Not you too! He's not my boyfriend!"

"Thank god," the older woman said in response as she turned towards the older Silva. "I haven't lost my money yet."

"I'm out of here. You're both so embarrassing," the younger girl muttered as she turned on her heels and made her way out of the room, muttering profanities under her breath at the thought of the two adults making a bet about her love life.

▪︎☆▪︎

Making Silva and Farah chaotic asf was my best decision.

This is my first draft that I made literally 10 minutes ago bc I felt bad for not posting. Once again, excuse any mistakes 💀

A x