ii. ANOTHER PROPHECY

SAY IT!
( chapter two )

   TOGETHER, KENNEDY, CONNOR, Amy and Rachel made their way to the Big House, none of them saying a word. They didn't have to, for they all understood each other's fear.

   Chiron was sitting on the porch playing pinochle with Mr. D. As he saw them approaching he sighed, setting his cards down. "Another prophecy?"

   Rachel nodded, and he stood, opening the door to the Big House, and beckoned them inside.

   "What about our game?" Mr. D said, and Chiron waved him off. Grumpily, the god stalked off, muttering to himself as he went. Kennedy would've laughed, but she was still too in shock to do anything.

   In the Big House, the trio all sat on the couch, Rachel took the chair, and Chiron stood. Right off the bat, Amy began to bombard him with questions.

"Do I have to go? It could be another flower. Also, how will we get there? I'm not sure if you noticed but we're kind of sparse on cars, as well as licenses. Also I really think-"

"Oh my gods Amy, do you ever shut up?" Connor said, and Amy squared her eyes at him.

"Did your mom ever tell you that you were a mistake? Because it's becoming quite clear that you were." She said. At that Connor began to stand, his hand clenching into a fist.

"QUIET!" Chiron boomed. Connor sighed, sitting down, muttering a few apologies. Kennedy looked at Chiron, making direct eye contact and gave him a pained smile.

"Well this will be such a fun quest, don't you think?" She said, and Chiron sighed.

"Seems like it. Now, can one of you recite the prophecy back to me? It's always best to try and decipher it beforehand." He said, and Kennedy did so. She got chills as she recited it, the sound practically still ringing in her ears.

"Very well. Of course, we know by now who the flower, the thief, and the rainbow's daughter are." He said, and the trio nodded. "The land of no water seems to be stumping me though."

"Maybe California? They have a lot of droughts. Plus maybe it connects with Camp Jupiter." Rachel offered, but Kennedy shook her head.

"No. I used to live in Arizona, and my dad always referred to it as the land of no water. It has to be there." She said, and Connor looked at her with confusion.

"You lived in Arizona? I never knew that." He said, and Kennedy shrugged.

"There's not much to say about it really. It's hot, dry, and hasn't got much water." She said and Connor pursed his lips, deciding not to say anything more on the matter. He could tell Kennedy didn't want to either.

   "The next line talks about exploring the blinding light, as well someone falling in the final fight. These lines don't seem as easy to decipher as the first two." Chiron said.

   "The falling one scares me. It's basically saying one of us will die, right?" Amy said.

   "If anyone has to die, I vote Amy!" Connor said, and Kennedy smacked his arm.

   "Oh quit it! The quest hasn't even started and you're already at each other's throats! At least try to be civil." Kennedy said, a very clear tone of annoyance in her voice. Connor's face went red, and he looked down and avoided looking at her. He didn't want to see the disappointment in her eyes.