Chapter 24

Waking up in the morning I felt happier, relaxed, a little sore here and there but better overall. Coming back out of school however I feel empty again.

I crave to go to Oliver's again. I don't even know why I went to his house in the first place but I'm happy I did.

I can't even begin to explain how he makes me feel but I always want to feel it. But I know I can never be with him like that again, I have to stay away.

With Mr Kyles little camera gone, he'll probably set up another one and this time I'll never know where it is. Come to think about it, it most likely wasn't the only one, there's probably 20 more around the place.

No matter how much Oliver begged me to tell him what was going on I just couldn't tell him. He looked so sad, like he thought I couldn't trust him.

After school I went to work. The three hours I spend at work I cherish. For three hours I'm safe. Three hours distracted by work not stressing about things at home.

But even in my three house of salvation it's closely followed by the impending doom for the encounter I'll be having with Mr Kyle after.

I pack up my stuff ready to leave but just as I put my coat on the manager pulls me aside before I was able to open the door.

"Casey, can I talk to you?"

"Sure Richard" I walked over to where he was.

"I'd just like to inform you that I was able to find a replacement for you" the smile I had dropped, he looked at me sadly "I told you this wasn't permanent. She's starting on Monday so Sunday will be your last shift" I mumbled a quick 'okay'.

He put a hand on my shoulder "if you ever need a job in the future, we'll take you on in a heartbeat" he smiled "and If you ever need a reference, call us."

"Thank you, Richard."

After I say bye to everyone, I see a familiar looking car parked out front, I reluctantly make my way out.

As soon as the door shuts, I'm yanked by my wrist to the car. Once in the car I turn to see Lou and smile, reminding myself to stay calm for him, "Hey Lou, what are you doing here?"

"Peter wanted to pick you up as a surprise!" he said sweetly "mum called Peter, she doesn't have work on Thursday so we're going to the movies when you get back!" He shouted excitedly.

"What about Peter? He'll have the day off?"

"I guess" Lou shrugged.

'Peter' then joined us in the car. He sent me a glare before turning on the engine, I gave Lou a cookie I bought for him and he ate it quickly and quietly.

Once we pulled into the drive, we all got out. Mr Kyle walked in first and directed Lou to the lounge, I went to follow Lou but Mr Kyle grabbed my arm tightly.

"Upstairs, NOW" he growled in my ear making my breath quicken.

I reluctantly went upstairs to my room. Why's he so pissed? What did I do?

Seconds later he joined me and shut my room door. He glared at me for what seemed like years. Taking a step forward I flinch back.

"Why the fuck did that man touch you?!"

"W-who? Richard?"

"Is that his fucking name?"

"He's my, he's was my boss."

"Was?" He growled in confusion.

"He wa-was telling me that h-he found a replacement for me" he looked into my eyes for a moment like he was trying to see if I was lying, he then run a hand through his hair.