Chapter 27

My hands are clawing at his and once I see his face, I can't help but scratch at that too.

"Ow! You little-damnit Casey!" He recoils from me and sits up clutching his face.

I wrap my arms around my head, wanting to just curl up into a little ball and disappear from the world.

I don't want to see his face. I don't want him to hit me again.

I don't want to see what he's going to do.

I just sob and sob into my own embrace.

I know there's no getting away this time, my body just seems to give up as all I want to do is comfort myself and cover my face with my arms.

The silence drags on for what seems like forever, in between sobs I hear his deep breathing slow down. I dare not peek from my arms so I keep still.

What's he doing? Why isn't he moving? What's he planning?

I slowly peek from between my arms that are covering my face. He's staring at me intently, not me actually, my arms.

My arm.

"You're bleeding" he states.

He gently takes my wrist, surprised by the carefulness of his movements, I don't retaliate. I see blood coming from my wrist, a trail sliding down my arm "why do you care?" I sniffle as I ask.

He goes to take off my wristband, only then do I realise where it's from.

Shit, he can't look.

I struggle but it's not enough. He takes the band off and the bandages.

He examines my wrist, trailing his thumb along the now open cuts. Tears fill my eyes almost ashamed of what I've done.

Almost.

"What the fuck is this?!" He shouts not looking away from the self-inflicted wounds.

"I, I-"

He suddenly looks at me and gets close to my face "You are not to kill yourself! Do you hear me? You will not ever mark your body! You will never ever escape me, do you hear?!" He screams at me before slapping me hard across the face.

"I-i'm so-sorry! I'm sorry! That's not what I, I wasn't going to-"

" you will never kill yourself, you will never leave me" he was almost begging. Why does he care so much? All he ever does is hurt me.

"Stupid, stupid girl" he huffs and pulls my arms from the floor, pulling me into his chest, engulfing me in a hug. I sob into his chest. I don't even notice that we are both basically half naked.

He whispers sweet things and hushing sounds in my ear as he tightly holds me.

"I wasn't. I wasn't gunna, I would never do that" I cried.

"Do what, my sweet little doll?" He whispers softly into my ear.

"K-kill myself." He stiffens "I just wanted to feel something. Something other than this."

"And what do you feel baby? What do you feel that's so bad that the only other option is to mark your body? To hurt yourself like this?"

"You!" I shriek "It's all because of you! The way you make me feel. I feel disgusting and dirty. I feel sick and unclean, it's all because of you! Because of what you do to me!"

I start to beat his chest with my weak arms, "I hate you. I hate you. I hate you!" I chant as my arms hit his chest, surprisingly he doesn't make a move to stop me. He just sits and watches me, not flinching or moving in the slightest.