CHAPTER 2•07

Original Airbenders

As Dawn was ready for the new day, Korra and her were surrounding the radio to call Tenzin and update him on the Air Bender in Zaofu. "Are you all right? Where are you?" Tenzin asked over the radio and Dawn smiled.

"With Beifong's sister in Zaofu. We're totally safe, unless we get caught in another fight between Su and Lin." Korra muttered near the end as Dawn chuckled.

"Yeah, you should have been here for that Tenzin." Dawn added as she smiled lightly.

"Lin willingly took you to her sister?" Tenzin asked.

"Not exactly. We got a call about a new Air Bender, and it turned out to be Su's daughter, Opal. She'll be headed your way soon." Korra told him and Tenzin smiled from the other line.

"Really? That's wonderful! And how is Dawn with Opal being apart of this?" Tenzin asked while Dawn sighed.

"I haven't spoken with her and she won't talk to me." She told him as Tenzin sighed.

"Maybe she got over it." He added and Dawn rolled her eyes.

"She is wonderful and pretty and so smart! And she smells like flowers." Bolin ranted on and on as Dawn glared at him. "Sorry. Bolin out." He muttered and placed the microphone back.

"How's the training going?" Korra asked him.

"Not so well, I'm afraid. No one seems to be interested in the hard work required to become a part of the Air Nation." Tenzin said sadly.

"You need to give yourself a break. Let Jinora's and the kids help you out. And what about Bumi? He was a Naval Commander. Maybe he has some ideas on how to get people motivated." Korra suggested and Dawn nods her head.

"Iroh does have a lot of good things to say about Bumi." She told him.

"Bumi? He's my worst student!" Tenzin yelled on the other line.

"Yeah, but he loves to organize people. If you ask him for help, you can trick him into taking more responsibility by making him think the whole thing was his idea." Korra planned as Dawn raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know how that would go." She muttered and Korra elbowed her side, making her gasp in pain.

"Hmm. That actually sounds like a good plan. You're turning into a pretty wise Avatar after all." Tenzin stated.

"Conflict resolution. It's what I do." She smiled and Dawn rolled her eyes and rubbed her side.

"More like start conflict." She breathed out and Korra rolled her eyes.

<><><>

Dawn was leaning against the balcony, her lips pouting as she was deep in thought about the things Bolin had spoken with her about. Mako liking her was a while other problem she had to face, making her slightly uncomfortable to face him and talk to him like she used to. She sighed, hearing a knock on the door and her eyes looked up to see Opal in the door way. Dawn frowned even more as she walked closer.

"You're not going to throw me off the ledge are you?" Dawn teased, trying to get a smile out of Opal as she just stared at her.

"I still haven't forgiven you for what you did to Wei." She started, Dawn sighing and nodding her head.

"Yeah, I'm not surprised. I mentally scarred you as a child." Dawn breathed out, leaning back against the railing to look at Opal. "I'm guessing you're about to say, 'I don't approve you dating my brother.' Blah, blah, blah." She muttered, picking at her finger nails.

"No, I was actually going to say to not screw it up this time." Opal said and Dawn looked at her in shock as Opal grinned softly. "You make him happy. Even after everything you did, my brother still loves you." Opal admitted and Dawn blushed.

"He doesn't actually love me." She said and Opal scoffed.

"Of course he does. He hasn't dated anyone else, Dawn. So as I was saying, don't mess it up." She said and Dawn smiled, watching Opal leave and when she got to the door way, she stopped. "You would choose him, right?" Opal asked and Dawn thought for a moment.

Dawn had give her an answer, one Opal nods her head to and walked away.

<>•<>•<>•