1.6) A Fanatic Heart - Pt. 1

Third Person's POV:

Mia walked to Silva's office and barged in.

"Mia! What are you doing here?" Silva asked, surprised.

"I'm going to be straight with you and I need you to be honest with me, Dad. Please, just tell me the truth, okay?" Mia begged.

Mr. Silva nodded, "Of course. What is it?" he asked.

"Are you my birth father?" Mia asked.

Silva sighed, "No, I'm not your birth father," he answered.

"Then who is? Please, Dad," Mia asked, her voice cracking slightly and tears filling her eyes.

Her father walked up to her and put his hands on her shoulders, "Oh, honey. I don't know."

"So it's true," Mia muttered.

Silva furrowed his eyebrows, "What's true, Mia?"

"Mine, Beatrix's, and Bloom's birthdays are a few days apart on the same year. So, she said that there was a high possibility that since she was found by her adopted parents on Aster Dell, that we were too. Is that true, Dad? Did you find me on Aster Dell?" Mia asked, years running down her cheeks.

Silva cupped her cheek and wiped away her tears, "Yeah, it's true. I found you on Aster Dell. What else do you know about what happened that day?"

Mia broke away from her father's hold and looked at him angrily, "I know that you destroyed Aster Dell. Th-that you murdered a countless amount people just so that you could kill some burned ones! That you, professor Harvey, and Headmistress Dowling committed a horrendous war crime even though your mentor, Rosalind, told you not to. I also know that you got Queen Luna to cover it up, and that you have an abandoned war room in east wing!" Mia yelled, sobbing.

She wiped her eyes and released a shaky breath, "At least... that's what Beatrix told me. Please tell me that she's lying. Please, I-I don't think I could handle it if I knew that you did something so horrible."

Silva looked at Mia with sadness in his eyes. He was about to explain everything when he got a text on his phone, "There are burned ones at the barrier trying to break in. I need to go, but I promise that I'll explain everything Mia."

"It's not that complicated, Dad. It's a yes or no question. Is what she said true or not? Please!" Mia screamed, desperate for a certain answer.

"It's not as simple as you think. It's not black and white, Mia. I need to go, please just wait for me to come back and explain," Silva said before leaving his office.

Mia started at the door in disbelief, tears running down her cheeks. She shook her head before wiping the tears off of her cheeks and walking out of the office.

As she walked towards the fairy hall she got a text from Dane.

Dane:
Hey, Beatrix sent me a text asking to help her break into Ms. Dowling's office. You wanna join?

Mia:
Sure, why the hell not.

Mia:
See you in a few minutes.

Dane:
K, we'll meet outside of her office. Dowling, Silva, and Harvey should be by the barrier, so we don't have to worry about running into them.

Mia:
Okay, see you.

Mia put her phone in her pocket as she walked into the fairy hall and towards Ms. Dowling's office.

Once she reached the door, she saw Dane waiting for her and quickly used a shadow to pick the lock.

"I didn't know you could do that," Dane said, impressed with Mia's skills.

"It's not really hard. Plus, this isn't the first time that I've broken into Dowling's office," Mia replied as they stepped into the office.

"Where is she?" Dane asked as they looked around.

When Mia noticed that one of Ms. Dowling's bookshelves was out of place, she walked up to it and found a passage way.

"I found her," Mia said as she stared at Beatrix, who was sitting on the floor of the passage way. Her lips were blue and she was shivering.

"Bea, can you here me?" Mia asked as she waved her hand in Beatrix's face, only to be met with silence.

"Help me pick her up," Mia commanded when Dane walked up to them.

Dane nodded his head, "Alright," he said before helping Mia carry Beatrix out of the office.

"Where do you think we should take her?" Dane asked as they walked out of the office.

"How about we take her to the greenhouse? We will have a better chance at helping her there," Mia suggested.

"Sure, let's hope no one's there," he replied.

"I doubt there will be, the students are in the courtyard and the teachers helping the students," Mia said.

They moved towards the greenhouse and set Beatrix down on one of the examination tables.

When the lights shut off, Mia looked around confused and said, "That's weird. The power shouldn't be able to go out."

"It doesn't matter right now, we need to help her," Dane said.

Mia turned on her phone flashlight and grabbed some vials and was about to hand some to Dane when Riven walked in.

"Mia? Dane?" He asked as he stepped into the greenhouse. "What the hell are you two doing?" He continued as he shined his flashlight on Beatrix's unconscious face.

"She triggered a trap in Dowling's office. Some kind of paralyzation thing," Dane explained.

"Yeah, we got her back here but I don't think there's much I can do. Harvey taught me how to make some basica healing potions, but I'm certain that's not enough," Mia continued.

"Yeah, well, that sucks for her. Come on," Riven responded.

Mia looked at Riven in shock, surprised that he would even suggested leaving Beatrix behind, "I'm not abandoning her here. She needs out help," she said.

"She's not worth it, Mia," Riven said.

"She cares about you, she cares about all of us and she's been there for us," Dane said.

"Yeah, and I know that you care about her too; so don't act like you don't, Riv," Mia said.

Riven scoffed and began to walk away.

Mia reached out and grabbed his hand, "Please, you have to help," she pleaded.

Riven looked at her and sighed, "Fine."

"Thank you," Dane said and Riven and Mia walked back to Beatrix.

____________________________

A/N: I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and have a great week! :)

Published: 05/09/2021

Words: 1,074