Chapter 12

Finally an update!!! Sorryyy!!! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I-don't-own-this-story-get-it-through-your-heads!

TRIS' P.O.V.

I finished first in Initiation. I can't believe it. Eric faked injecting me with the Erudite serum. The attack has started. Everyone is under the simulation and I pretend to be too. I pass Eric in the Pit. He finds an excuse to leave Max and follow me out of Dauntless. He caught up with me at the train tracks. Out of my peripheral vision I could see him pushing through people to reach me.

"You're a good actress!" He says breathlessly.

He leads me to Abnegation in a shortcut through Candor. When we get there, my feet carry me to my old house by habit. This time, instead of walking with Caleb, Robert and Susan, I'm running with Eric on my heels. When we arrive, I pound on the door.

"Mom! Dad!" I scream urgently.

My dad opens the door, surprised. He eyes Eric suspiciously.

"Come on! We've got to get out of here! Erudite are coming!" I say.

I tug at him. I run inside and guide my mom out. I'm surprised they're obliging. It goes against selflessness. But they don't ask questions and just run. And as we reach the fence, I stop.

"Eric, where exactly are we going?" I ask.

"You," he points at me and my parents. "Are getting as far away from the attack as possible. Whereas I am going back to Dauntless to stop the simulation."

"No. You are not going. Not alone, anyway." I say stubbornly.

"Tris -"

"No way. We rescued my parents. They can cope now, my mom was Dauntless, she can keep my gun. I'm coming with you."

"But... well I guess that if you don't come you'll do something stupid. Okay, but you do what I say." He says.

I grumpily agree. So, with a final goodbye to my parents, we head back to Dauntless. I can hear the cries of the Abnegation dying in the streets. The sound fills me with repulse. Eric squeezes my hand.

"We're in this together." He says.

Short chapter. Again, sorry. Hope you enjoyed it anyway.

-JaceIsNaturalBlonde