Chapter 20: Homecoming

The raven haired beauty woke up on the couch with the original cuddled up next to her.

Percy did not leave her side once after Elena left the house.

The demigod looked down at her friend who was still sleeping.

She adjusted her position slightly, causing Rebekah to stir in her sleep. "It's too early." The original said sleepily as she hid her face in a pillow.

Percy smiled softly. "I know. But guess what?"

"What?" The blonde mumbled.

The demigod reminded her, "Homecoming is today." Percy knew Rebekah was excited for it. She hoped the original would still be able to enjoy the day even after receiving the painful news from Elena.

Rebekah removed her head from the pillow. "Then, what the bloody hell are we waiting for? We have to get ready."

The demigod chuckled. "It's a bit early to start getting ready, Bex."

The original got off the couch. "It is never too early to get ready."

Percy rolled her eyes.

Rebekah nagged her and playfully tugged her arm. "Come on, my date can't just lay on the couch all day."

"But it's what I'm good at. It's a talent."

The original smiled at her friend. "Come on, we'll get breakfast."

Percy was out of the couch in seconds. "Let's go." She said with a grin. Then, she turned to Rebekah. "Wait, you mean people food right?"

The blonde laughed. "Yes, Percy."

"Yay!" The demigod ran into the kitchen.

Percy rushed toward the fridge. She looked back at the original with a grin. "Do you wanna make pancakes?"

Rebekah was amused by her excitement. "Sure."

•••

Later in the afternoon, Percy took a shower. After she finished, she put on casual clothes. She wasn't going to put her dress on until it was closer to the time of the dance.

The demigod wandered downstairs in search of Rebekah. "Hey, Bex?"

There was no response.

Huh.

She pulled out her phone to text Rebekah. 'Hey, where are you?'

The original sent a response. 'I'm out. I probably won't be home soon. Get ready for the dance. You are after all, my date.'

Percy shook her head in amusement. She figured the original was simply buying more things for the dance.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

The demigod realized she hadn't warned the hybrid yet.

Percy pulled out her phone and called Klaus.

He answered after a few rings. "Hello, love."

"Hey, Nik." She said softly.

"I'm already headed back to Mystic Falls." He informed her.

Percy's eyes widened, "You're coming back?"

"I thought your friends would have told you. Mikael is dead so I'm coming back."