XXII

╭──── ✩ ────╮
THE TALK
╰──── ✩ ────╯

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

MORNINGS WERE THE hardest, ever since Marlenes death. Waking up, thinking everything is ok— and then having that wave of grief suddenly pound into you from no where. Was the worst kind of feelings. Especially now, since the only thing I had to look forward to was waking up next to the love of my life.

So fluttering my eyes open, I let the sunlight pour in— awakening me farther, until I found myself swinging my legs over the edge of the bed; my plaid pajamas nearly touching the floor as I stood up. Stretching my arms over my head, I made my way from the bedroom— and out into the living area; where I spotted Sirius cooking breakfast.

"Hey sexy beast." I greeted, lifting myself up onto the counter and watching as he cooked eggs the muggle way. His eyes never leaving the pan in front of him.

"Hey hot stuff." He replied, finally bringing his eyes up to meet my own— a precious smile spreading across his face in a cheerful way.

"So... any mail?" I asked, picking up the stack that laid neatly on the kitchen table. Examining each letter thoroughly as I awaited his answer.

"Well, actually Dumbledore sent a letter about some sort of prophecy, and how Voldemort is going after a family with a son born in summer of 1981." He started, and noticing my face start to contort with worry he continued, "but don't worry Lily and James are ok, they made Peter their secret keeper, and found a safe house. Although that does mean we aren't able to go visit them sadly." He groaned, lifting the pan and spreading the eggs out onto a plate.

"Well that's good, I trust Dumbledore." I mumbled, preparing my own plate and taking a seat at the kitchen table. While the two of us sat in a comfortable silence, "but hasn't Peter, you know? Been acting different." I stated, taking a bite of my eggs.

"Yeah, I guess he has a little, but we are his friends. I'm sure he wouldn't do anything like betray us." He replied, pressing a kiss to my temple, before standing up and taking our dishes to the sink.

Married life was so drastically different from school. With both of us being aurors and being caught up with order work. It was a bit overwhelming, yet calming at the same time.

Sighing I excused myself from the table, and picked up my copy of 'sense and sensibility' before plopping myself down on the couch— And laying my head in Sirius' lap.

His fingers stroked my hair, slipping through the black waves with a delicate touch. His breathing was quiet, yet still audible; while his heart was hammering to the point it took over my senses. All in all, I knew he was thinking about something.