Tomorrow

Cherry's POV

I pressed the button of the remote to watch something since I'm bored. I'm fed up of the smell of alcohol and medicines or in general, the hospital. It's been months since I have been admitted. I hate to say this but, I can clearly see that I am not recovering.

Months ago, I always have a hard time breathing and I always collapse. I thought it wasn't something major but then I would cough and sneeze uncontrollably. The doctor said it was COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease. It's like a blockage from the airflow of the lungs.

I missed skating. I really want to get out to skate once again. How can I skate when I can't even move and speak properly? Even speaking a sentence would take up all my energy. I know very well that my condition is getting worse.

I shifted my eyes from the tv to the window. The gentle sounds of the rain calmed me down. I tried to get up to get to the window. I always do this when I'm alone because when there's a nurse, doctor, or visitors, they wouldn't let me move.

I'm so sick of being sick. I want to feel the sunshine again. I want to feel the rain again. My tears rolled down as I touched the droplets of rain with my own hands.

"I'm...tired" I managed to mumble those words. I went back to my bed, sighing. I closed my eyes remembering the times with Kojiro, Reki, Langa, Miya, and Shadow.

The door opened which made me snap out of my thoughts and saw my personal doctor enter. His face was unreadable. He sat near my bed and just stared at me for a few seconds and asked "Kaoru, how are you feeling?". I pointed out the paper and pen beside the bed and he handed it to me.

I wrote "I'm tired but still alive I guess...". He looked at me and held my hands "There's something I need to tell you" I nodded, waiting for him to continue.

"As I was examining your condition from these past 2 days, I've come to a conclusion that..." he paused. I looked down. "You're finally getting out of this misery Kaoru" he finished his sentence which made me look up. My eyes went wide. No words could describe what I feel right now. I hugged him and he hugged me back.

Joe's POV

Here I am now, walking towards Kaoru's room bringing his favorite foods. I opened the door and saw him watching TV. He waved at me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked him. He wrote his response and showed it to me "Never been better! The doctor said I'm recovering fast" he said then smiled. "That's good to hear then" I said then put the foods on the table.

After we ate dinner, he asked me about my day. I told him about the 4 idiot's craziness and I love seeing him laugh and smile while listening to my stories.

The rain poured harder suddenly which startled us then Kaoru's started hyperventilating. I quickly calmed him down patting his back and getting a cup of water. He drank it and mouthed thank you.

"Are you sure you're alright?" he looked at me and nodded. He wrote "I'm fine. Just shocked from the sudden rain".

After watching movies and telling him stories, we decided to hit the hay.

Cherry's POV

I tugged Kojiro's shirt and showed him the paper which I wrote 'I have a favor'. He nodded and said "Sure, what is it?". "Can we waltz?" I wrote again. He said "Are you sure? You're tired right?" I shook my head and giving him a glance that said "I'm fine".

He helped me up and once we reached the middle of the room, we started dancing holding each other.

Narrator's POV

The two dance each other infront of the window which the moonlight can easily enter. The moonlight made the 2 boys shine like there was a spotlight. Cherry rest his head on Joe's torso feeling his heartbeat. "It's your birthday tomorrow" Joe said. "Oh right I forgot" Cherry said on his head. He just ignored Joe's statement and continued to dance cherishing the very moment.

He looked up and saw Joe smiling at him which also made him smile weakly. They danced for a few minutes and decided to take a rest.

They both layed down on the same bed Cherry laying on Joe's chest. "Kojiro..." he managed to speak out in a very low voice. "What is it?" the other replied. "Thank you... for... staying by.... my side... always." he said slowly. Joe just stared at him waiting for him to finish. "I... want you.... to... know that... I... love you... so much..." He said staring at his beloved.

Joe just smiled and kissed his forehead. "I love you too Kaoru" he said. "Let's talk again tomorrow okay?" Joe added. After a while, Cherry heard Joe's light snoring which made him smile slightly. His smile vanished when he thought about the Doctor's statement earlier.

"You're finally getting out of this misery Kaoru" the Doctor said. "You're condition... It's getting worse. You've only got a few hours left. I'm really really sorry Kaoru. You're beyond saving"

He looked at Joe who is sleeping peacefully. His tears was rolling on his cheeks. He lied to him. He was dying.

He made the decision to not sleep and just stare at Joe for the whole night until his departure. He touched his face for one last time reminiscing the times with him.

He got his pen and paper and wrote something on it. He looked at his boyfriend "I'm sorry Kojiro... There's no... tomorrow... for me" he weakly said.

After about 1 hour of staring at him enjoying his final moment with him. Cherry was having a hard time breathing. He chose not to hyperventilate. He just covered his mouth to not wake Joe up. It was really painful for his heart and lungs.

He smiled one last time and stared at Joe laying back down, gripping the paper and closed his eyes slowly, meeting his end.

On the paper he wrote, "Thank you for staying with me until the end. I'm sorry for lying to you and for everything. I'm going on ahead okay? I will always watch you. We'll meet each other again okay? I know this is hard for you but... I promise I will wait for you in the after life. No matter how long it takes. Thank you for everything Kojiro."

"I love love love you so much. Now and forever always."

🌸~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~🌸
This was inspired from the story "In another life" BokuAka. I know this sucks but I'm trying hehehe...

Thank you for the support everyone!😊