Four|Meet in person

It's the following day after I met Kyle's uncle, Kira

It's the following day after I met Kyle's uncle, Kira. His unusual name which I assume is Russian suited him. I knew because Kyle is Russian.

I wasn't prepared when we met.

His strong presence had an aura I felt even beyond my screen. There is something about the way he made my easy job into a pressure test. The way he kept looking at me. His heaty gaze seemed to reflect the fire within his eyes over the screen. He watched me so intensely as if his eyes were his hands touching my skin.

I've never been so taken by a man before. Especially since I hadn't met him in person. Kira is a whole man and a half. Even though he was sitting I could see he's built like a boxer or some lumberjack. His hair gave that impression. He kept it in a messy man bun on top of his head.

Kira's biceps are bigger than one of her thighs and trust me my thighs are big. He looked rugged, in all the best ways.  From his bushy beard which he kept somewhat neat, his clothes. The fierceness in his amber eyes could set ablaze anyone who came too close. He certainly lit a fire within me leaving my skin feeling warm and hot, like I was standing out in the sun.

All in all, Kira is sexy. Not like the men I normally find attractive. Usually, It's those shorter dark-haired pale lean with swimmer bodies like Michael Phelps I'm fawning at. But Kira is the opposite.

But it's not like I'd get a chance to admit it anyway. I'll most likely never see him again. Men like him are 10/10 always taken.

I have no luck with love. I have no luck with men.

It never seems to visit me. I've never been in love. Heck, I've never been kissed. You could say I have no drop of experience when it comes to the opposite sex.

The closest I've come to love is in the platonic sense with my best friend Javon. Which doesn't count since it's not romantic. Javon and I have been friends since we were 12. We've been with each other through many ups and downs.

He was there when I lost my grandfather who passed away after contracting COVID. He was there when I got my first real job when I got into college when I graduated and applied to graduate school.

And I was there for him too. When he first came out. When he dated his first boyfriend. When he'd gotten his heartbroken. When his father who hadn't accepted his sexuality ran out on his family to be with another woman 20 years his junior.

Javon is the closest person to me who isn't related by blood. I bet if I told him about Kira he'd cheer me on saying I should go for it. Sadly due to the pandemic, I haven't seen him in person in over 7 months.

We do make time for each other to chat over the phone, text, and what's App, but it's not the same. I miss his extrovert loud vibrant personality that balances out my own.