Chapter 26: The One Where the Killer Gets Away

"What are we doing here? I thought we were going to blondie's house." I say to Connor as we both get out of the taxi and walk towards a house.

It was the crime scene of the second victim that we weren't able to go to since we were in LA.

"His name is Aidan Harrell. And we're here to see if the officers that were here missed something." Connor explains.

"We're gonna at least tell Dad about this, right?"

"Yeah. Once we're done here." Connor says and opens the door to the house.

We step inside and look around. I make sure not to touch anything as we both look around. The two of us walk around the house from room to room.

"Find anything yet?" I ask Connor as we enter the living room once again.

"N—wait!" He looks at a wall and walks towards it before crouching down.

"What is it?" I ask.

Connor doesn't say anything. He slides two fingers across the bottom of the wall and when he holds them up, there's red blood on his fingers, human blood.

I look at him with wide eyes. "How?"

"Our killer got hurt but tried to clean it up. They forgot a little bit of it. It's such a small amount that at first glance someone could miss it." Connor explains.

I smirk. "But you. Android detective."

"Correct."

"So is that Aidan Harrell's blood?" I ask.

"We're about to find out."

Connor licks the blood off his fingers and I think I'm actually getting used to it now. He stares at his fingers and I just look at him expectantly.

"Well?"

Connor looks at me. "It's Aidan Harrell's."

I nod. "Let's go get him."

We go back outside and Connor hails a taxi, taking us to Aidan's house.

"How do you know where to go?" I ask, looking up at Connor.

He smirks down at me. "Android detective."

"Oh bullshit!" I exclaim with a roll of my eyes and he only chuckles.

"Language." He scolds me.

"Crap." I correct myself.

"Better."

"Okay, but what's the real answer though."

"I might have made a quick call in your class after our presentation."

I look at him wide-eyed. "That explains why you suddenly walked away."

He smiles down at me. "I'll call Hank. We might need some backup."

I nod and then stare out of the window.

'This is it. After today it'll be over, Aidan will be behind bars, and we won't have to worry about a serial killer on the streets anymore.'

"Yes, I'm positive."

I look over at Connor, his LED blinking yellow so I'm assuming he's on the phone with Dad right now.

Connor nods even though Dad can't see him. "We'll see you soon."

His LED turns back to blue.

"So?" I ask.

"He's coming and bringing lots of back up too," Connor informs me.

"Should we wait until they arrive?"