Chapter 27

💙💙💙💙💙
I know, I know.... I'm super late with the update & I'm so sorry!
I have had a mad weekend & didn't get round to posting!
But it's here now!

Before this chapter starts I want to say a
MASSIVE THANK YOU
to each & everyone one of you beauties that are reading this story right now.
I've just hit 22k & I can't believe it!
😲😲😲😲😲
I'm so excited!
If you guys didn't read my story or vote on my story or comment on my story
then it wouldn't be reaching new people to read it.
I can't believe the response I'm getting on You Are Ours & I
APPRECIATE IT SO MUCH, YOU HAVE NO IDEA!
MASSIVE LOVE FOR YOU GUYS!
💙💙💙💙💙

N I C H O L A S

EIGHT YEARS AGO

▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️ ▫️

        THE LAST PARTY of the summer is raging with teenagers. The music is blaring, and the sounds of laughing and chattering is all being heard from the locked basement door. My two best friends Stefan and his twin brother Shawn wanted to throw the party of the century before we entered high school next week as seniors and by the sounds of it, they've achieved that.
Only Nathan, Melanie and I are hiding in the den under the party. Not that we wasn't having fun, but we just wanted to have a few moments to breath with the amount of alcohol we have consumed tonight.
Mel and myself are on the grey love seat while Nat is across from us on the three seater couch, spread out like he owns the damn thing. We hadn't been down here long after our third round of beer pong which Nat and I always dominate, always having a winning streak whenever we played and unfortunately for Mel who was in a team against us on the last round is now completely drunk - hugging the red cup in her hands full of water.

"We should play a game," Melanie says with a twinkle in her eye.

Melanie and I have been fooling around since the tenth grade. She was best friends with Stefan's girlfriend Katie at the time and they naturally joined our small circle of friends. Our relationship is very vanilla, more of a hot make-out session in my car sort of relationship and we never get pass third base. It didn't last long, only five months; Melanie wanted more and well I just wasn't ready for that kind of relationship.
I'm fucked up. In the head that is. I'm too broken to give a girl the things she's wants and I'm too embarrassed to tell her the truth about my childhood, but we still stayed close friends, which is a relief for the other seven members of our group of friends.

"What kind of game?" Nat says, drinking the rest of the beer out of his red solo cup.

"Truth or dare."

I roll my eyes at the thought, truth or dare at seventeen years old? No thanks, "that's such a kids game," I whine.

I honestly haven't played or even thought about that game in years. I think I last played it in middle school and whenever people wanted to play it at the high school parties we went to, I always left the room. No one ever gave good dares anymore or even asked daring questions, it was always so timid and boring. Truth or dare was a game to push yourself to get the darkest of secrets from people or get people out of their comfort zones. Not to know if you cheated on last weeks Maths test or sit in your underwear for a round.