Chapter 14

"We seek forgiveness from others ,to only forget that good deeds should begin from one's own self"

....................................................

Few days passed and Amara could see Marco being stressed about something.
He refused to tell her the reason but she knew him better.

He was her only support,and she can't see him upset.

A meeting was going on and she knows about Marco's new partnership with Accardi's.
And she guessed that this was the sole reason of his stress.

Why else would he be stressed about?

Standing outside the door,she listened to his conversation.
Mar had stopped her from attending the meetings recently,the reason unknown to her.

"We have underestimated that bast***! He knows of our plan and he won't let it be successful. We can't attack right now. Our goods are all lying at the borders and the police can reach them any minute!"

"But Sir,if Shadow goes on the mission,I am su-"

"No! Shadow will not carry out this or any other missions associated with Accardi's. "

"But-"

"I said no! Now call back the ships,we are going to change our routes. The attack at his werehouse has to wait. If we are lucky,we will be saved till tomorrow morning "

Marco was stressed and burning in fury.
I have never seen him this angry, who was this Vincenzo guy who was affecting him like this.

"But Sir it will cost us millions...all our stuff at his werehouse will be impounded and not to forget the police at the central axis,are you sure?"

Rubbing his head,he spoke lowly,the decision not to his much liking,more of a compulsion.

"Yes"

Everyone nodded and left.
And I hid behind the wall,lost in thoughts.

I know the werehouse they are talking about.
Last month one of our shipments got raided and the goods were lying in the Accardi werehouse at the border of our axis.

Going inside into the enemy's territory was very dangerous,it could call for a war in a partnership.
But I also know that the stuff is worth millions,not only that but the fear of  police impounding it is much greater.

If police gets its hand on the stuff,it can affect Mar's business very badly.
Not only that,he could also be imprisoned.

He has contacts,all mafia men do but the police of bordering axis is under the centre and no one dares to mess with it.

I have to do something.

I can't let them reach it,I have to leave first.
And even if it takes destroying the stuff worth billions,I will do it.

...............................................

It was late at night and Mar was still busy making calls and trying to get help from other mafia men.

I knocked on the door and his tired eyes looked up at me.

"Amara? It's late,why aren't you asleep?"

He said, clicking on his phone screen to see the time.

I just smiled,leaning my head against the wall and crossing my arms in front of me.

"I should be asking you the same question. You are taking alot of stress these days"

He smiled, trying to show he is fine.
Keeping the papers aside he removes his study specs.