Chapter 5

"You went legit" Luke said as we both looked around the renovated garage.

"Yeah, 10% clean now. Custom shop, international clients. See those bikes? Going Tokyo. And that car? New York. That one over there is going London. Turns out people like our stuff. I needed to do something to hold our family together. After you both abandoned us" Jonah explained before walking off.

Luke and I exchanged looks before turning to Deckard, who just came in.

"Hey, good news. Change of clothes. Hats" he said throwing stuff at us, turning to Luke. "Hey, your mum said you might like to wear this. Must be your favourite size: spray-on."

Hattie and I both looked at each other, snickering.

"Why don't you throw another jacket on. It's a hundred and ten degrees out there" Luke retorted.

"Hey, look, down to business. We got any weapons?" He asked.

"Oh, we got weapons" Luke replied.

...

Luke pulled back the door on our fathers old weapons cabinet, only to see it filled with useless farming equipment.

"Mama, where's all our guns?" I asked confused.

"I get rid of 'em" she replied.

"Very noble, Mrs. Hobbs" Deckard said, turning to Hattie. "We're in serious trouble."

"That is an understatement" Hattie and I both muttered.

"These guns, they kill all my family. So we gonna fight. Gonna fight with this, and we gonna fight with this" mum said, pointing at her fist and heart. "'Cause no take a real man for pull one trigger."

"All right" Luke sighed. "We're going to war with the family heirlooms. Got it. We're gonna need a lot more" Luke said.

"We're never going to survive their firepower" Hattie said.

"It doesn't take a man to pull a trigger, but for Eteon, it does take an activation chip" Deckard said, turning to his sister. "You still got that glove?"

"You're thinking closed-system hack" she said.

"It'll level the playing field if you can" Luke added.

"Certainly buy us some time" I said.

"Shut their guns down" Luke instructed.

"We're on it" Hattie and I said, walking off.

...

*Your outfit*

*Your outfit*

We plugged the glove into the laptop, starting to hack into its defences.

"Here" I smiled, handing her a bottle of water as I chugged some of mine.

"Thanks" she replied, taking a drink.